Reload this Page >

VERONA hotel recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 01:41 PM
Delia

Any recommendations on B&Bs or hotels to stay in or around VERONA? <BR> <BR>How about restaurant recommendations also?

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Diane

It was difficult to find a "reasonable" hotel in Verona on the web, but I'm sure they are there. We booked two nights at the Hotel Italia, which was just a couple blocks and across the bridge from the Centro. It was perfectly fine, and has parking in the building (you won't need a car unless you do a daytrip to Lake Garda while you're there). They also had a great breakfast room. I'd love to have stayed in the Centro, however! We had a lovely meal on a Sunday night at Trattoria S. Anastasia, Corso S. Anastasia 27, Telephone 045 8009177 We also had a nice time drinking prosecco and watching people in a cafe on Piazza Bra (but ask to see a menu with prices before you sit down -- the next day we simply sat down for lunch at the Gran Cavour and were surprised to see the prices nearly double what we'd paid the night before just a few giant awnings further from the Roman Arena.) Do visit the museum at Castelvecchio.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 04:19 PM
claire

Hi Delia. Diane gave some great advice. Verona accommodations are always tighter during the opera season in July/August. You didn't mention when you would be going or if you want the city center or have a car & could enjoy a site like Lake Garda. Check out the Verona booking service at www.cav.vr.it or write to them with your particulars at [email protected] Not all Verona hotels are on their list, but it is a good place to start. Good luck!

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 09:46 AM
Delia

thank you claire and diane.....I appreciate all your help. At least now I have something to work with - Thanks!

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 07:07 AM
sandi

Delia, you might try searching (on this forum) under Verona and you'll find many hotel and restaurant suggestions.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 02:15 PM
gac

I recently stayed at the two-star bed and breakfast "Torcolo", a mere 30 yards from the Arena of Verona and half a block behind Piazza Bra, on a quiet narrow street. Very reasonable rates (60 Euros for a single and 99 Euros for a double room, each with private facilities, hair drier, air conditioning, frigobar, room safe, and firm beds). Hotel has an elevator and a restaurant. Very helpful and pleasant personnel. Easy 20 minute walk from main train station (or 5 minutes by bus). Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Travel

Many from this forum (including myself) have stayed at the Romeo e Giuletta. It is on a side street just off from the coloseum. Very excellent location. If you are in Verona for only a short time I would recommend staying as near the centro as possible in order not to waste time traveling to and fro.The centro storico is a charming strolling, shopping, restaurant and site seeing district with limited auto traffic.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Bob

Just spent 2 nights at the Hotel D'Capuleti in Verona. Good location near the Arena, clean and comfortable, and a large breakfast buffet. Booked on the Best Western site for EU 102 per night, double, including breakfast. The staff was a little brusque, but the Veronese are a bit standoffish anyway (German influence?), unlike most Italians, myself included!