Opera

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Marg

Opera

My husband has offered me a trip abroad for our next wedding anniversary. I have always wanted to go to the opera in Verona. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel. Is there enough to do in Verona for 3 or 4 days stay or is it better to combine it with a stay elsewhere? We have stayed in Venice and Florence before and would be happy to return to either.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 02:44 AM
Steve James

Hello Marg,

I think you need to re-post this with a more specific title e.g. 'Hotels in Verona'. I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions then.

Verona is a lovely city and a good base for excursions - you could easily fill 3 or 4 days there. Possible excursions would be:

- LAKE GARDA (Riva, Sirmione, Limone, Malcesine ...)

- DOLOMITES

- CITIES - e.g. Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Padova, Trento, Bolzano, Bologna ... to name a few.

Let me know if I can be of more help ...

Steve

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Marg

Hiya Steve,
Thankyou for your suggestions. What I want to know if there is enough to do in Verona city, without transport, for a short break or if its better to stay in say Venice and travel in by train to see an opera? I know the performance starts quite late so would it be possible to travel after that or would we need to stay in Verona overnight.
Many thanks, Marg.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Patrick

Stay at the wonderful and small Gabbia D'Oro. It's just a short walk to the arena and is a very lovely hotel -- nice rooms and wonderful breakfast.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Steve James

Marg - You'd need to stay overnight in Verona.

Steve

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Marg

Steve and Patrick, Thankyou for you help. Marg.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Susan

Do take your time in Verona; less touristy, wonderful Roman vestiges and the outdoor site for the opera - Magical.