Venice hotel for non-smoking single female

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. I am a single female in my mid-30s, travelling abroad for the first time!

I am looking for a non-smoking room (or non-smoking hotel if one exists) in Venice for 150 Euro or less per night, at the end of October.

What places can you suggest?

Also, many of the websites that I have looked at, based on suggestions in the threads, do not specify if the hotel has non-smoking rooms or not - is it a safe bet to guess that the option is not available if its not listed? Thanks!
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM
lyb

I stayed in early October at Hotel Ca Formenta website: http://www.hotelcaformenta.it

I had a non-smoking room...I liked that the hotel was just 10 minutes from San Marcos square, yet not in the mad house of tourism... If you want to see pictures, you can go see my website, where I've got some pictures of the hotel, it also fits your budget. When I made my reservations, I did request a non-smoking room...in fact, I think the entire hotel may be non-smoking. Enjoy Venice, I LOVE IT!!!
http://lynnsview.com/Gallery/

Lynn
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 05:17 AM
ira

Hi K,

You have to check with each hotel.

Some might just remove the ashtrays and tell you the room is nonsmoking.

Have you looked up <Venice hotel> in the "search this forum" box?

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I tried to do my research prior to asking - looked up Venice hotels, but most people have not mentioned whether they had a room that was non-smoking.

Also, I had heard that sometimes they do just remove ashtrays and call it non-smoking, which is why I thought it would be better to ask people with previous experience for recommendations.

And thanks to all the fodorites for posting their logs - I was able to find Rome and Florence non-smoking rooms through their posts!

lyb, Hotel Ca Formenta looks great - thanks for the recommendation.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 06:02 AM

Keira I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I do not think that you can hope to find a room in Venice at that price range that is guaranteed not to have housed a smoker. It is just not practical, especially for a smaller hotel, to block off rooms like that. I would keep that in mind if you have a severe allergy or medical reason that prohibits you from being around lingering smoke.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 06:34 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
www.lacalcina.com

Give them a try. They have real nice single rooms in that price range. I've stayed there myself solo. It's squeeky clean and tidy. I am not sure the official smoking policy, but I did not notice any.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 07:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I stayed as a single at the Hotel Anastasia last May. I loved everything about it, particularly its very central, but quite secluded and quiet (if that makes sense) location. My single room was great and it was non-smoking. Click on my name for my trip report from last May for more.
http://www.hotelanastasia.com/