Reload this Page >

Venice - Hotel Bellini or Hotel hotel Ca Formenta

Jan 11th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Original Poster

Hello

I have a dilemma - hope you can help!

I had originally decided to stay at the Hotel Bellini, but have just received a great deal from the Hotel Ca Formenta. Now I can't decide whether to change hotels!!!

I realise the Bellini is out on limb and this doesn't bother me at all - we enjoy walking and it can be more fun staying away from the main touristy areas. Both hotels get very good reviews, whilst the Bellini has ambiance, I'm beginning to wonder if the Ca Formenta offers a little bit more Venetian charm!

Has anyone stayed at either hotel?

Many thanks.
SallyB
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Original Poster

**Back to top**
Jan 13th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

**Back to Top**
Jan 13th, 2004, 10:40 AM

Sally neither of these hotels get much mention here. I think the Bellini is near the train station, right? I've not heard of the other one. Where is it, what are the "deals" and when are you going?
Jan 13th, 2004, 02:44 PM

We stayed at the Bellini 4 years ago and liked it very much. The fact that it was so close to the railroad station was a definite plus for us, as it made our schlep with our bags very easy. We walked to St. Mark's and its environs every day and didn't find the area inconvenient at all. We also enjoyed walking along the Grand Canal in that area.
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:44 AM

Sally, Like you I'm searching for feedback on Hotel Ca Formenta. We'll be in Venice starting 3/27; if you get back before then & stay at this hotel, please let me know what you think. Thanks!!!
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:57 AM

Sally,

Where are you getting this hotel information? We are making plans for Italy later this year and would like some hotel resources.
May 7th, 2004, 11:54 AM

This may be too late for SallyB, but for others searching this site, I can't say enough about how delighted we were with Ca Formenta in Venice. The hotel is ten minutes from Piazza San Marco, overlooking the lagoon. Our room had a huge, shuttered window that overlooked the water; one of the biggest benefits is that this hotel is NOT in the middle of "tourist central," so it's very quiet at night. The room was lovely, bigger than many of comparable prices in Venice, and the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful.