Search

Venice B & B's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice B & B's

We are two couples traveling to Venice for four nights in May and are looking for B & B recommendations. That is by people who have actually stayed where they are suggesting and not a web site that lists hundreds of units. We would like a place that is within walking distance of most attractions. We have never been to Venice or stayed in a B & B.

Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:41 AM
MaureenB

There are so many little hotels in Venice, most of which offer breakfast. Have you searched this forum? Do you have particular needs, like a lift, or a certain price-range? Do you require a canal view?

I can recommend two very simple little hotels. I stayed at the Hotel Riva (and wrote a very detailed trip report which you can find if you click on my name above). It is a one-star hotel, very clean and charming, no elevator or A/C, but it's at the confluence of two small canals, near San Marco. We paid extra for the canal view, and had a corner room, so we could see both canals from our corner windows. It was charming, and relatively inexpensive.

Also, my daughter stayed at Casa Rezzonico, and I saw it, too. It's in the Dorsoduro (sp?) area, a more quiet location that is also very atmospheric. Its breakfast is served in a pretty courtyard garden in nice weather. It is also very inexpensive, clean and charming.

Others love La Calcina, which we saw and were also impressed with. We ate breakfast on their pretty waterside cafe, and walked into the handsome lobby. It is very popular and books up very fast.

Finally, if you go to my Venice trip report, I included the names of three more hotels we visited (but did not say in), that looked very nice. More expensive than the recommendations above.
>-

Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:43 AM
ira

Hi R,

What's your budget?

Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It's not a B&B (as I prefer hotels). La Calcina (as mentioned above) is lovely and offers breakfast included in the room price.
www.lacalcina.com
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 08:00 AM

I just posted on your other thread.

Locanda Orseolo. www.locandaorseolo.com

I can't begin to say enough about this place. It's run by a group of very attentive, charming hosts. It has the best location in a quiet courtyard near St. Marks in the heart of everything. We just returned from a decadent 4 nights there and leaving the Locanda was just as hard as leaving Venezia. It's not inexpensive, but you get every euro's worth.

Once I discovered it, I booked it (a year in advance). It books up quickly. They have 15 rooms in a very tastefully appointed Venetian setting.

The breakfasts are the heartiest in all of Italy (including handmade lemon or chocolate crepes and eggs to order). Our plan was to dine and leave early to start our day exploring, but we found ourselves enjoying lingering and chatting with the hosts and guests.

This place is a gem. Check out tripadvisor.com to get actual traveler's reviews and candid photos.

This Fodor's site has been a wealth of info in planning our 19 day first time trip to Italy which was a dream trip for us.

Ciao!