Hotels in Venice

Old Jan 18th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Original Poster

Hotels in Venice

Can I please have some help with hotel accommodation in Venice under $200USD per night? If anyone has stayed somewhere that they loved please let me know. We would like breakfast to be included. thanks.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 12:47 AM

When is your stay? The price can really vary, depending on that. Is this for a double room?

I liked La Forcola hotel:

http://www.laforcolahotel.com

If you gave some more details about what you like in a hotel, people could give you more focused answers.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Original Poster

Oh dear, I am such a newcomer to Fodors (but quickly turning into an addict). We will be there at the end of May for 3 nights and yes, it's for a double room. I would love a something a bit glamorous but probably not with our budget. So clean and comfortable within easy walk of St Mark's etc.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 03:22 AM

Hi there,

I loved Casa Bocassini. Very cute and reminded me of being at nanna's place!
There was a European breakfast included in a cute little breakfast area. The courtyard was gorgeous, complete with meowing cat.
It is not in the real touristy part of Venice, but we soon discovered it didn't take long to get anywhere! Nice and quiet at night - and we were very comfortable there.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 05:23 AM
ira

Hi C,

That's about 130E/nite. Not exactly hostel prices.

Try http://www.alcampaniel.com/
www.hotelbernardi.com/en/hotel.html
http://www.pensioneaccademia.it/

Enjoy your visit.

Old Jan 18th, 2008, 12:46 PM

Try Casa Formosa <http://www.casaformosa.com/>
from 120€

Old Jan 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM

cathies- hope you don't mind I hopped on your thread! We are also looking for reasonable hotels in Venice.. in Sept...I tried all the suggestions and they were either booked up or require longer stays. One hotel that did come up was the Hesperia? Anyone heard of it? Is there something going on in Venice in September that's causing rooms to be booked up? Thanks
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM

No, it's just September and October are high season in Venice.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 01:44 PM

>>Is there something going on in Venice in September that's causing rooms to be booked up?<<

The Venice Film Festival until September 6, the Historical Regatta on September 7...
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM

Didn't know that was high season, explains a lot! We are coming after the film fest and regatta...really wanted to wake up in Venice, see it in the evening, but am getting discouraged looking for rooms, yes there are some at $400, but really didn't want to spend that much...I will keep cruising TA for help...
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 02:00 PM

www.lacalcina.com

I've stayed there twice and love it.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 02:37 PM

I stayed at Palazzo Odoni (off Fondamento Minotti) in July 07 and found it to be have a charming ambience while being close to the rail and bus stations and vaporettos -greatly appreciated as you do not waste precious time travelling when it comes time to leave. It was great value at only 120E per night and the room while small have ensuite bathroom and was spotless. The hotel has only 6 or 7 rooms (from) memory and the personality of times gone by!The continental breakfast was very nice! I have not seen anyone else comment on this little hotel and while it does not seem to pop up on the larger accomodation web sites- it does have its own web page. Just leave a room for me to return soon!
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 02:39 PM

I will second the recommendation of Pension Accadamia. It's wonderful. It used to be the Russian embassy and was the location for the Katherine Hepburn movie, Summertime. It's at the convergence of two canals with the Grand Canal. It's only a block ot two away from a vaporetto stop which can take you right to St. Mark's. It's in the Dorsoduro area which is a little quieter, yet very convenient. We stayed there in 2000 and the bathrooms had been beautifully renovated. That's all the good news. The bad news is that it's usually booked way ahead.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 03:51 PM

i am staying at the Locandiera close to st marks square
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Check out Locando Orseolo - it is the highest rated B&B on TripAdviser for many excellent reasons. Read the reviews, I stayed there in August 06 and will definitely stay there again. The staff there treat their guests as members of their own family and the breakfasts are cooked to order. I think that it is within your budget range.

It is located on a small canal tucked away in a quiet area near St. Mark's Square, so it is convenient to many of the sites - the Rialto Bridge, the Doge's Palace as well as St. Mark's.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 06:47 AM

Thanks! Accademia-booked, locando Orseolo- can't remember, either too expensive or booked, but will check out the others...are the recs on Trip Advisor trustworthy, meaning, has anyone gone to a place highly recommended and found it to be bad? More searching...
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 07:26 AM

http://www.alpontemocenigo.com/en/index.htm

Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo is highly ranked on Tripadvisor, but all the raves are true. I just returned from my second stay here. Granted, it was late November, so the rates would be lower, but we paid 95 euros for a standard double.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 11:13 AM

Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo...booked up!
Question...Hotel Arlecchino and Hotel Olimpia have availibility for $320, Hotel Sofitel also has rooms for $350...feeling like I should take the Sofitel for the extra $30, is it nicer? Really not finding rooms under $200 so I guess will bite the bullet and pay the extra...
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 11:29 AM

Hi Cathies,

I have just booked B&B Ponte Chiodo http://www.pontechiodo.it/
for myself for March. The price is good and they get a very good write up on Tripadviser.

I like the more intimate feel of a B&B, specially as I am traveling alone.

Hope you have luck finding something.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 02:11 PM

http://www.romanticasrl.191.it/

Locanda San Barnaba - on Dorsoduro, next to the Ca'Rezzonica vaporetto stop... 170€ for 'classic' double, breakfast in sweet garden is included.. no elevator but courteous gentleman at the desk insists on carrying the bags up. I believe you can get 10€ discount for paying in cash. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat - very quiet and charming.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO