Venice & Florence hotels

Nov 25th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Original Poster

Venice & Florence hotels

Any suggestions on budget hotels in Venice and Florence for under 100 US dollars?
Nov 25th, 2006, 09:23 PM

Mike, hotel room rates in these two cities are hugely dependent on whether you will be there in low or high season-and that varies as to each city. You might be able to get a two star single room in Venice for just under $100.00 in August, and maybe Jan-Feb. excluding Carnevale, but that's about it.

And you should know another thing: all hotel rates are going up in the two cities, esp. Venice-vaporetto fares are also going up as of Feb. 2007 as well-so it's going to be more difficult to get a room under $100.00 even in low season in Venice. That said, I would check the Italian reservation sites of venere.com, veniceby.com, florenceby.com to see what is available and their rates.
Nov 26th, 2006, 04:50 AM
ira

Hi M,

I can highly recommend the B&B Peterson.

www.bedinitaly.it

See my trip report for details.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34451044

Nov 26th, 2006, 06:30 AM
JBX

http://www.realvenice.it/english/smarco_index.htm --- with the caveat that this accommadation only fits your price range during low season.
Nov 26th, 2006, 06:33 AM

I have no personal experience with theses but there some convent/monastery stays. I think that the some of these are sesonal.
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks,
I will be there in Late October early November so the rates should be low season. I will check out these sites.
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:00 AM

Venice
I have booked a v. small Bed and breakfast called Al Campaniel. Right next to La Toma vaporetta ( one stop down from Rialto the other side of the Grand Canal to St.Marco). I think its on the borders of the areas called San Polo and Dusodouro. They've got a web site and owner speaks english. Got good reviews on Venere and Trip Advisor. We're going in two weeks which is low season ( Venice low season only lasts a very short time! ). We're paying 64 euro for double with bathroom. Could have had double with private bathroom next to the room i.e. but not en suite for 48 Euro. Went for the dearer one as room bigger. Sorry can't give prices in dollars as I'm not American!
We haven't been yet so can't say what its like but it looks good location and value wise and I did loads of surfing before booking. Most advice is not to stay near St. Marks as its heaving with tourists and expensive. See an earlier posting on this site called something like Does area in Venice matter.
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

steelcitywoman,
Do you have a website for this hotel?
It sounds good, is breakfast included?
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Late October / Early November is middle season, at least for Venice. Many hotels apply Low season rates from mid November. Just FYI.

Al Campaniel mentioned above seems a good budget choice. I remember Venice "expert" on TA forum recommends it.

http://www.alcampaniel.com/