Venice Airport to Asolo

May 20th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Venice Airport to Asolo

We will be arriving at Venice airport and wish to get to the town of Asolo without renting a car. Can you take a train to the Mestre train station direct from the airport? Or is it a bus, shuttle or taxi only. Would we then take a train to nearest town to Asolo then take a taxi? The hotel offers a car from airport to Asolo for 120 euros. Would this be same price considering tickets for two for all the different legs involved. Thanks for any help.
May 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM

I can only say that getting from Venice to Asolo was rather difficult. We took a train, then two different buses, counting the last bus which dumps you out at the bottom of the hill below Asolo and we walked up -- there was a city shuttle, but we had no idea when it would come along.

I don't know all your plans, but if I were going from the airport to Asolo with luggage, I'd either take that offer of a car from the hotel, or else rent a car on my own. I'd prefer the latter if you're going to be there a few days as there are many wonderful places to explore in the area -- and it is very difficult by public transportation.
May 20th, 2007, 02:15 PM
GerdaFaust

I agree with NeoPatrick. If you are staying in Asolo for more than two nights, you will want a car! There are wonderful places to visit nearby...

May 20th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

What are the wonderful places nearby? We will be there 3 nights. Was already planning to visit Vicenza on another leg of trip.
May 21st, 2007, 02:25 AM

Hi SCF - Besides Vicenza I'd recommend Treviso, Bassano del Grappa and Marostica - all well worth a visit.

Public transport options to Asolo from Venice include:

- Train from Mestre to Bassano del Grappa - then bus to Asolo (- Ca' Vescovo)

- Train from Mestre to Treviso - then bus to Asolo(- Ca' Vescovo)

http://www.lamarcabus.it/orari/contenitore_orari.html

- Train to Castelfranco or Montebelluna - then bus or taxi.

[From Venice airport there is a regular Airport Shuttle bus service to Mestre station].

Hope this helps ...

Steve
May 21st, 2007, 02:31 AM

P.S. What time do you arrive?