Using booking.com to make a hotel reservation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used booking.com for hotel reservations? I am thinking of using the site to reserve a room at the Hadrianus Hotel in Antalya, Turkey.

I emailed the hotel directly numerous times and when I called, I was told no one spoke English, which I was surprised to hear.

Is booking.com secure and can I rely on the reservation showing when I arrive at the hotel?

Thanks for any help!
~Isis
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi; We have used them a few times with no problem. Usually, you don't need to have your credit card charged when you make the reservation. You pay at the hotel desk on arrival. Once, when we had to cancel, it was done as soon as you e-mailed them. Richard
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:26 AM

I was going to add my establishment to the listing site until I found they fax reservation details to me. I do not or nether want a fax. But it may be a bit more secure than to email the information.
The tade thinks quite well of the site in general but be aware the higher up the listings a hotel comes the more commission the establishment pay so this handicaps the smaller establishment.
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM

I've used booking.com on two trips overseas, with no problems. On my last trip just last month, I made a number of booking.com reservations and canceled a few of them within the "no charge" cancellation period and had no issues at all, the reservations I did keep were all as expected. I'd definitely use booking.com again.
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM

We just got back from a trip to Europe. We used booking.com for two of the places we stayed. Everything was just as presented on the web site. No problems. I brought a printout of the confirmation sent to me from booking.com, just in case, but I really didn't need it. We have used them before and never had a problem. We didn't have to pay until we left and I was able to use our American Express Card.
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:15 PM

booking.com is an affiliate of Priceline so I think it is a reputable company. But your issue seems to be with the hotel. Unless you have a particular reason to stay at that hotel, I am not sure I would choose one that can't seem to respond to repeated emails inquiring about staying there.
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:22 PM

I just used them in September for a 4* hotel in Paris, and things went great. I got a very good price on them, also, compared to rack rate, and didn't pay until checkout.
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:25 PM

I have also had good success with them. Absolutely no complaints.