Search

Cybevasion or Planigo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2006, 08:21 PM
RSP
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cybevasion or Planigo

Does anyone have experience booking hotel reservations with either Cybevasion.com or planiGo.com? They apparently have a room available in a hotel I'm interested in that shows no availability on the hotel website. Are they reliable? Can I believe they have the dates open I want if the hotel itself does not?
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 09:54 PM

Cybevasion looks different, but if you actually click on a booking, you can see that it has the Venere.com engine underneath. Many people on this board and elsewhere have used Venere successfully. The inventory issue is quite accurate.

I don't know about planiGo.com but if you are concerned, make your reservation and then contact the hotel a few days later to ensure you are reserved. It will be easy to see if it worked.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 09:55 PM

I just saw the other threads on Planigo. I guess I wouldn't use them based on those complaints and in the absence of positive feedback.
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 08:44 PM
RSP
Original Poster

Thanks, WillTravel. I sent an inquiry on the Cybevasion.com website and have received responses from planigo.com requesting my credit card number for confirmation because the "rooms are going fast". A little too pushy?

Have you or anyone else experienced hotelclub.net? I've had very good immediate response from them so far. Any real world experiences?
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 06:59 AM

I haven't used HotelClub, but I have read positive reports. The problem with any third-party booking agency is if the hotel doesn't get or discards the fax or email that lists your reservation. So if I use a third-party agency, I always contact the hotel and ask if they have my reservation.

I wouldn't use Cybevasion when you can get the same results just by going to Venere.com .

I have used Ryanairhotels.com successfully.