COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Update on Prague please

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Update on Prague please

We are thinking of a long weekend to Prague from the UK. Following the extensive flooding in Prague last summer, I have done a quick search to see if there is any up to date info on the state of the city, flood damage etc. I can't find any info (it might just be me not looking properly, so apologies!). Does anybody know what its like there NOW (this year)? are any tourist sights still affected? Many thanks for your replies.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 08:25 AM

Where did you look? I posted inormation on here on that topic very recently, it was in a thread on Casa Marcello. I haven't been there since last summer, but get my info from Czech Embassy, local papers and Czech Cultural Center in NY.

There are only a couple tourist sites still closed -- one synagogue as part of the Jewish Museum (Pinkas, as I recall), and some things on Kampa Island. Some metro stations on the B line are still not open but it is scheduled to be completely operational by April. Some areas of Prague and surroundings are still doing cleaning up/demolition/renovation, of course (eg, Karlin)--those that had the worst damage.

That's all I know.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info Christine. Will look up the Casa Marcello thread.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 02:12 AM

Was there a couple of weeks ago. The three metro lines are up and running, minus a few stops. It was beautiful, and I noticed nothing that would faze the tourist. Prague is ready for you.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 07:28 AM

Prague is in great shape. You can find water damage if you want to look for it, but there is not much that a tourist will notice. You might give it a few weeks yet as it has been a really cold winter. Even the locals have remarked on it.