Search

Flood in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Butler

Flood in Prague

We are planning to visit Prague in 3/03. What can you tell us about the conditions after the flood?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:50 AM
steve

There has been much discussion on this already. Do a search for &quot;Prague AND flood&quot;<BR><BR>Basically, most parts of the city are back to normal. The exception is the underground system, which was mostly flooded out. But stops are being re-opened as the system is repaired. Above-ground trams, though very old, crowded and rickety, get you to those parts of the city where the underground still is out-of-service.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:25 AM
mark

I was just in Prague at the end of October. The main center of Prague is fine - Kampa Island is open. Businesses, hotels, restaurants that were flooded are reopening. The metro was still closed however, you really don't need it because Prague is so compact. Some sidewalks are being recobbled. At least one above-ground tram line was being retracked. I had no problems with cabs the few times I took them

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Rex

There's actually a bit of a mixed picture at the best website for Prague I know - - www.jasoncholt.com<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 02:33 PM
up

topping, for Butler<BR>