U.K. Passport experts.

Search

U.K. Passport experts.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
U.K. Passport experts.

Can you have extra pages inserted in a U.K. passport during the course of its validity?
My daughter has just returned from a second long stay in S.E. Asia and as a result of her travels now only has one double page blank. I read here recently that countries can insist on a double blank page when granting a visa.
Her passport has seven years to run and my reading of the web-site suggests she has to apply to renew her passport although it is not completely clear. Does anyone have any more specific knowledge or can you point me to the answer?
With thanks.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 07:39 AM

1. You can't get pages inserted. If you need more space you need a new passport.

2. There might be a few countries that need double blanks but I've never found one. My experience is that India and China don't, and Australia gives electronic visas that don't need any space. I've never found a country that insisted on a blank page opposite the visa: they just stamp somewhere else.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

My daughter's next trip requiring visas is likely to be to Tibet via Nepal. I hope that the officials in Nepal who will deal with her visa application will be happy with the one blank page!
With thanks for your help Flanner.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM

You're very welcome.

But I'd double check with the Nepalese and Chinese embassy websites before taking my word for it.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She'll also need a page for the visa for China. If she goes anywhere else on that trip she'll need more blank pages than she has. Since the passport will clearly need to be renewed before it expires (is she going to stay home for six years after this trip?), why not go ahead and renew it now and be safe?
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:43 PM

We've not been told how many blank pages there are. Just how many double blanks.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good point, flanneruk. However, there are still some countries requiring two blank pages (e.g. Estonia), although it's not always clear if they have to be facing pages.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

She has already left again Thursdaysd after only 3 nights but she's only gone to England so no visa this time!
We didn't need a visa for Estonia, are
you from the States?