Notices

Two hotels in Granada

Old Jun 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Two hotels in Granada

We will be in Granada for two nights in Sept. We can't decide whether to stay at the Hotel America or an apartment at the Santa Ana. We will spend one day mostly at the Alhambra and one day touring the down town. We plan to park our rental car for the duration of our stay. We are seniors and don't want to walk up too many hills.
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you're going to have a car, you'll be far better off staying at the Hotel America, which is just across from the Alhambra. Not the best place if you want to walk around the city, but you can always take the bus into the city, and return the same way, avoiding climbing too many hills. At least there is parking on the Alhambra hill and it's easier to get to.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 04:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We liked the Hotel America-it is more like a Bed and Breakfast than a hotel. It is wonderful being so close to the Alhambra. It is also a stone's throw from the parador and you can eat in their well regarded restaurant or get a simple meal in the bar lounge next to the restaurant. The bus stop in to town is very close to the Hotel America. Have fun!

Pat
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 05:04 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree with the first two replies. We stayed at the America in April and found it perfect for Alhambra visiting by day and by night (and I do recommend both- very different, and night time is magical)- although it is very funky and not at all fancy. Didn't have a car- taxied from the train station where we'd dropped off our rental car- went into town for dinner by walking (downhill) and taking a bus back up (easily done). We did not like driving into Granada- too crazy for me! (we are 58 and 61 btw).
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks all for the information. We will be driving from Ronda. If we stayed at the Santa Ana, would it make any sense to park our car at the airport and get a cab into town?