Tusany in November

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tusany in November

My husband and another couple are arriving in Florence from Chicago Nov 2nd and we have rented a car to drive to Reggello to our rented 2 bedrm apt. We plan to take day trips and take the train into Florence one day. I'm wondering what kind of jackets should we bring? What type of weather should we expect at that time. We are all around 50 yrs
and would like to have a happy time. Anmy suggestions for clothing?
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 09:35 AM

Take a raincoat---NOv. is the wettest month in Tuscany.
Here are the facts, based on averages.

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/w...?s=7161&refer=
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 11:15 AM

Marysyoga, I hope all of you enjoy Regello and the surrounding areas as much as I have. I have suggested Regello from time to time but no one ever seemed interested. I have friends that have the lovliest little second home in the middle of vineyards right outside of Regello, but walking distance into the town. A family member of theirs produces olive oil. Regello has many olive oil producers and I think it is during the month of December that an international fair is held.

Regarding clothes, I would pack so that you can layer your clothing items depending on the weather. And yes, take a raincoat and a folding umbrella. Best regards!

I hope you will give a trip report after you are back home and settled in as I would love to read about your experiences.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your input. I will certainly give a trip report when we return.
Can you recommend a local place to eat in Regello?
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 10:03 PM

We spent 12 days of November of 2008 in Southern Tuscany. With the exception of our last two days, towards mid-Nov. already, in the northern area around Gargifgnana, where we had a day and a half of rain, all our days were beautiful, cool and sunny and it was perfect. But weather in the entire world has been on a changing mode for years now. I believe we were just extremely lucky and I would pack umbrellas and rain gear, as well as a sweater and light coat. Enjoy your trip.