Reload this Page >

Trying to remember Rome hotel name

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2007, 05:04 AM
kdappleton

Friends are going to Rome, and I was so happy with this hotel and location when we were there in 2002 that I'd like to recommend it to them. I know long shot to ask, but it was between the Pantheon and Spanish Steps and there was a government building in the square we were on. Italian soliders/police guarding it. Right outside the door, someone was speaking at a mike all the time, either campaigning or protesting, not sure which. Our cab driver left us off at the main avenue and we had to walk through the square to get to entrance. Otherwise he'd have had to make several turns onto little streets to get us to the hotel door. A gelato shop that I think was a century old was also through the square and a block away. Sorry if this sounds disjointed and gives no real clues. Love this forum. Thanks.

Old Feb 4th, 2007, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colonna Palace?
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 07:14 AM
kdappleton

kfusto, thank you so much. Brought up a picture of Colonna on web and it is the hotel!

Old Feb 4th, 2007, 07:58 AM

You are welcome. I have walked past it many times and your description rang a bell with me : )
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 08:06 AM

There are 2 hotels on the Piazza Montecitorio, in case your friends need another choice.

The Nazionale Montecitorio, probably our favorite in Rome.
http://www.nazionaleroma.it/
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 01:12 PM

I checked out this hotel's website as I am looking for 4 rooms for two nights in May. When I tried the online reservation it appeared I was directed to another website for hotelclub and it instructed me to fill out reservation form and credit card info, which I did not do. It also said not to contact the hotel directly as they would not have the same reservation info as hotelclub. This smelled fishy to me. Is it common when going to hotels on website to be re-directed to consolidator? We are looking for something around $300 per night. Iluvitaly's recommendation of Nazionale Montectorio was out of our price range.
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 04:19 PM
kdappleton

For PaigeS, I found the hotel on expedia.com for $291 a night with full breakfast. Booking through expedia should be safe. I don't know you, so can't assure you'll like the hotel. I was traveling by myself with 15 year old daughter and it was wonderful for us. Hope this helps.