Search

THREAD POST

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THREAD POST

When viewing threads and leaving the forum, how do I get back to the forum thread where I left off. As of now I have to keep clicking on the next 50 messages etc until I come back to thread where I lefy Off
Old May 27th, 2006, 07:45 AM
J62

If you want to see replies to an earlier post of yours, just click on your name where it's blue font/underlined. That'll pull up a list of all your threads.
Old May 27th, 2006, 09:40 AM
J62

ttt for neryi
Old May 27th, 2006, 10:03 AM

If you're just reading threads, then you close the window, then you come back later, you can't return immediately to the place you left. Everytime someone replies to a post, it rises to the top of the listing, therefore the listing is constantly rearranging.
What I do is read down the list until I've finished a 'date'. Next time, I'll start at the beginning again and read down until I recognize threads where I have already read the last post.
Old May 27th, 2006, 10:06 AM

If there's a thread that you think you might want to come back to later, post a reply to it by typing TTT (to the top), which will take the thread to the #1 position. In addition, because you replied to it, when you click on your user name in blue as J62 said, it will appear on the left-hand side of the screen.
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Jed

If you posted on it, click on your name.

If you didn't post on it, then type in the search box one or two important words that you remember from the thread.

If neither works, you are out of luck.
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:33 PM

If you've just gone to other web locations, the back button on your browser should return you to the last posting you were reading. I don't know about all browsers, but I think generally they keep the past ten or twelve sites you have visited available with the back button; mine also has a history function that shows all the sites I have been to unless I clear it.
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Add a reply to the post you are reading. Most people type "marking" if they want to come back to a post later for research, etc. Then just click on your screen name and all the threads you posted on, will appear in the column on the left.

If you are just trying to keep up with reading posts, then it's almost impossible as this is a pretty active board with thousands of threads and posts.

When logging on to Fodor's each time, click your screen name instead of clicking "talk" and you will see all your posts that have had responses since the last time you logged on.
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:52 PM

The best way to get back to a thread is to right-click on its title at the top of the right-hand column and select "Bookmark" or "Favorite" and save it in your Fodor's folder or on the desktop.
Old May 28th, 2006, 07:45 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Because the board is in constant motion, you will never get back to exactly where you left off, because things will have reordered themselves as people add new posts and reply to existing ones.

If you are not looking for a particular thread but just want to read sequentially all posts on the forum, clicking next 50 until you see where you left off, works OK.