Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

CLICK ON A NAME IN A THREAD. It gives you all the postings for that person.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now we get to see ALL the morinic posts! Good feature, Fodors.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 06:19 AM

I kinda like my postings. Well, except for the misspellings. People, I'm not really an idiot. I just get in a hurry.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 07:35 AM

NotMe is the name I chose when I registered. I used to post under a different name. However, when I now do a search under my chosen name, it also brings up a lot of posts that were done by others who were previously posting as NotMe.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Don't do a search......just click on the blue name
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 07:57 AM

This is news?
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 08:03 AM

to J_Correa. Yea, I'd call it news since this has never ever been possible until today!!

One of the great things is it makes it possible to quickly bring up your posts where you have asked questions without digging through hundreds of other posts.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 08:44 AM

And a way to NOT retype the same answer to a question you've answered before. "Just look up my 11/22/2002 post" should suffice, and keep the bandwidth down. I like this feature.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 09:05 AM

Patrick - it's been possible before today.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 09:26 AM

Really, are you sure? You could just click on your name over a single post and in the left hand column all the posts you have added to or started will be listed in chronological order? I suspect you really don't understand what we're talking about here. Have you clicked on your blue name? In fact, the posts will be listed from all forums, with a little indication in blue for which board it was posted on -- I'm sure that was never possible before! I'm not going to dispute you, but I REALLY DON'T THINK SO? ANYONE???
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

It has not been possible before today..

Patrick is correct.

J Cor is wrong

I will dispute
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Actually I would like to say more.

How in the world can such a simple site with very few features confuse so many people.

How it is not painfully obvious that this could not be done before yesterday floors me. It's like 1984 and people are re-writing what happened yesterday.

Same goes for these people that think their post is "GONE" (b/c of Fodors natch) because it's #51 and they don't have the sense or the eyes to see "Get Next 50 Messages"

Don't get me started on these weird headings you see only to find out that people have tried to post a reply and they start a completely new thread.

People who highlight Ohio when starting a new thread and the title being "Has anyone been here"

I can't se anyone just coming to the site for the first time and then posting. Wouldn't you explore first?

Sorry./had to get that out
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 09:42 AM

I know exactly what you are talking about Patrick, and maybe you're right, but I could have sworn that I have done this before today - possibly it was by typing a name into the text search window, but I'm pretty sure it was just by clicking on the poster's name.

Either way, it's not like this is a matter of national security or anything.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 10:00 AM
EdnaB

Oh, my, Topper. Yesterday I was told that my postings are very "clenched". You sound like you haven't had your meds yet today.

Old Feb 7th, 2003, 10:03 AM

If you want to search for a particular screen name but don't have a link to click on, just put

http://www.fodors.com/forums_reg/threadselect.jsp?screen_name=

followed by the screen name you are looking for, into your browser, and the list of posts for that user comes up. (I put this on the Europe forum too, but since I think it is a neat feature I'll put it here too)
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 10:53 AM

Before if you type your name in the search field it would bring up all your posts and replies on one forum only.

Now, if you click on your name in the post it brings up all your posts and replies on ALL forums. Extremely annoying!
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 10:53 AM

Topper,

I agree with you 1000%. It's hard to believe people post on this board without the slightest idea of what they are doing (sorry EdnaB). You would really think they would find out how the system works before exposing themselves to ........well, let's just say some corrective responses.

I love it when the header or post starts out "Has anyone ever......."! Pretty dumb.

Just goes to show things are always interesting. It also goes to show the difference in "typos" compared to "duh".

This may get interesting, like the "old days".

Curious
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 11:18 AM

Faina - you can still search on your name in the search box and get posts just for one forum.

I like the fact one can find postings across all the forums using the links. Though it does seem to leave me in the US forum, wherever I started.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 11:19 AM

Actually to be completely accurate, by clicking on your name in blue this site will now display ONLY your posts since the registration began on Jan 27th.

I used to type my name in the seach box and all the posts I'd ever responded to or posted would come up......plus a few extras if the name Lenore was somewhere within the text.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 11:34 AM

This has gotten me to thinking (and it doesn't take much). Has anyone heard from Leone? You know - "Ciao." That Leone.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 07:10 AM

Now we can check for additional good information by regular contributors as well as ignore those who say things like "The only kind of humor I would miss here is the kind which is not meant to offend and attack, but treats travel questions in a funny and light way." But, then, "You sound like you haven't had your meds yet today."