Reload this Page >

The Complete History of America and Stones in his Pocket

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Kecia

Has anyone seen either of these plays? If so, did you like them. <BR><BR>Stones in his Pocket did get a five star review, but I could not find a review for The Complete History of America.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Kecia<BR><BR>

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Joy

We saw the Reduced Shakespeare Company's History of America this past May. Felt a bit silly being an American going to see a show about the History of America. The players are mostly Americans or Canadians and the show was hilarious. We had a wonderful time, some bits made us laugh so hard we cried. I would recommend it.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:12 PM
janis

Stones in his Pocket is wonderful and The Complete History of America (Abridged) is great fun. <BR><BR>The Reduced Shakespeare Co does it one evening and one matinee a week. The rest of their performances are The Complete Works of Shakespears (Abridged) -- which is even funnier. Neither "Complete . . " is great theatre - more high farce with a lot of audience participation.<BR><BR>If you only have time for a couple of plays I'd probably choose something more substantial - but they are both very funny.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:51 AM
Keith

Stones in his Pocket bored me silly in the first act - to the point where I seriously considered leaving at the interval. However, the second act was hilarious and worth the ticket money alone - so if you're bored, stick with it!

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Ben

We saw the Complete Shakespeare. It was hysterical. The place was packed & everyone seemed to ejoy it. I would imagine their History of America is good too. It reminded me of the type of entertainment I have seen at the excellent Texas Renaissance Fest.They are really zany. My 2 kids & the adults all found something to laugh about with them. I wish I had whatever gives them their energy.<BR>We got our tickets at the Tkts booth in Leicester Square. I do remember they are off 1 day of the week & only do the History on certain days. You might want to check. We got good seats. Also check the free London Planner brochure. It had an ad for them in it. There was a special rate of 2 for 1 tickets via the box office. Might be cheaper that way.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 11:41 AM
jpm

Complete Shakespeare is Hilarious. Complete America is a little flat - I'm not sure I would recommend it unless you get half-price tickets.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Simone

I've seen Stones twice, with two different casts, and both times were excellent. This play is moving, charming, funny and sometimes exhausting, especially for the two actors.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:00 PM
gogoellen

The "Shakespeare" play had us laughing soo hard I thought we would cry!!!! We saw Phantom, Mousetrap and complete shakespeare. The last was our favorite! Those guys are so talented! We weren't in town on the day they do "history".....have fun!