Taxi service from Beaune to Dijon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like some advice on available taxi service from Beaune to Dijon. I'm planning on taking a train, but if the train is missed for some unseen reason, I'd like a backup plan. What taxi service, if any, is available? Can a ride from Beaune to Dijon be arranged at the last minute? What is the approximate cost and duration of the trip?

Thanks for any help!
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:48 AM

According to viamichelin.com, it's 47km from Beaune to Dijon and the drive should take around 38 minutes.

It's purely an assumption on my part, but I would think there would be a taxi rank at the Beaune train station and that you could arrange for a ride to Dijon on the spot. I have no idea what the fare would be.
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:05 AM

I can't really help you that much as I've never tried to do that. But I know there are plenty of taxis in Dijon, like any city, and various taxi station points. Of course, one sure location is the train station. Taxis Dijon advertises that it will do touristic drives, such as to Beaune on their website
http://www.taxis-dijon.fr/bienvenue.html

It's about 45 km and would take about 30-45 minutes. I don't know the cost as I would expect they might have special flat fares for that if you asked. By meter, it would be about 70 euro normally plus a couple more euro for the highway tolls.

Really, there are many tains to Beaune, if you miss one, you'd take the next one, that would be cheaper. Or just plan to get there in enough time, trains never leave early. Trains go there about every 20-40 minutes all day and if you have a regular train ticket (not TGV but TER, which is most of them), you can't make reservations anyway, so just get on the next one. It's only 6.8 euro one way.
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:09 AM

Christina is perfectly right. A taxi may cost up to 100 Euros and will be much slower than the train. Simply take the next one if you miss it.