Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Taxi from Paris to CDG on a Sunday Morning?

May 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Our flight from CDG to Manchester leaves at around 1 pm, so I believe we need to leave Paris between 10am-10:30 am.

How much would it cost(for three people plus luggage) to travel by taxi from Paris to CDG? I know the rates are different on a Sunday, but I'm not sure by how much.

A private shuttle will cost about 70 euros in total, and I wanted to compare that to the cost of a taxi.

On a side note...we will not be taking the RER into the city from CDG, but I was wondering if there will be any direct routes from St. Michel RER station to CDG on a Sunday at around 10am-10:30am? I believe it costs about 8 euros per person right?
May 1st, 2007, 03:41 PM

RER B is a direct line from St-Michel to CDG. Trains run every 3-6 minutes and the fare is 8,10€ (which includes the trip from any Métro station to the RER). The train takes about 40 minutes to get to Terminal 2 at CDG.
May 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM

I've never heard that the rates are different on Sunday, but maybe they are. Doesn't really matter, though, since there's hardly any traffic on the périphérique on Sunday mornings and I can usually get to CDG for under 40 euro.
May 1st, 2007, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help - we are departing out of CDG with British Airways, but I think we will be departing from Terminal 2.

St. Cirq,

Would a regular taxi hold 3 people plus there luggage(3 check-in's and 3 small carryons), or would we need to request a van from a taxi company? As you mentioned, if it is about 40 euros, that alot cheaper than the shuttle service.
May 1st, 2007, 06:22 PM

Yes, a "regular" taxi should have no problem with that if the "checkins" aren't huge.
May 1st, 2007, 06:48 PM

Taxi fare last May and again in September to CDG on Sunday, with no traffic and only one red light, was €46-48 before tip, with only the base rate on the meter to start. Just under 30 minutes each ride.

Even so, I would recommend leaving Paris at 9:30 for a 1PM flight. You just never know about check-in and security. New last September was a wait in two lines to check in - the first for an "interview", the second to check bags and collect boarding passes. Even though security was efficient and moved fairly quickly, the line was very, very long.

Be sure you know your terminal number and letter. And, double check not to far ahead of your flight. We arrived at 2F one trip, as printed on our confirmation, only to learn that our flight would be leaving from 2C. It was 20 minutes before the shuttle came alone, and another 20-30 minutes to get to the other terminal.

May 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

St. Cirq,

We have larger suitcases, 3 26'' suitcases all together and 3 small carryons - will we still fit in a regular taxi?

djkbooks,

Was the rate you gave me including the amount they add on when you call for a taxi?

Thank's for the head's up about time - I'll let the others in my party know.
May 1st, 2007, 07:47 PM

To be safe I think you'd better order one of the Mercedes station wagons from Taxi Bleu or Taxi Parisien. I think you'll be ok, but 3 26" suitcases is a fair bit of luggage, way more than I and my usual traveling companions are traveling with.

For the record, last time I left from the 7th to CDG on a Sunday morning, it was 36 euro plus a couple for the bag or two I had with me.
May 3rd, 2007, 04:28 PM

I have phoned for taxis the day before from the apartment and the hotel has done this for me. Every time, the base fare €2 was on the meter starting off.

Rate B (€1.09 per km; 7AM - Noon) and Rate C (€1.31 per km, Noon - 7AM) apply on Sundays.