Reload this Page >

Taxi fare from CDG

Search

Taxi fare from CDG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:13 PM
Jim Kalinowski

Taxi fare from CDG

My wife and I will be traveling to Paris at the beginning of June. Can anyone tell me what the taxi fare would be from CDG to the Latin Quarter (two people with the airline allowance for luggage)?

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:17 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Figure around $40 with a tip and you'll very likely do it for less than that.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:28 PM
Statia

When my husband and I went to Paris for the first time, we didn't have a lot of luggage and took the RER train into the Latin Quarter directly from CDG. It was very affordable and easy. Just a suggestion.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:41 PM
ed

Just did the reverse trip Tuesday and it was 36E. Lucky and had no traffic and a fast driver, Beat hauling luggage through metro stations.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:44 PM
sandra

the first time my husband and i went to paris i literally packed everything we owned and i think some of the neighbors things and we had to take a van taxi and to the 7th district it was about 400 francs back in november 1999, the last time i was in paris was april 2000 and i cam in on the eurostar into gard du nord so it was laee tot eh 6th district. when you find out let me know as i will be making that trip again the end of may into the 6th again.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:51 PM
Jim Kalinowski

Thanks for the info guys (and gals)s If only it were possible to take the metro, I think it would be fun to try. But, I don't think I can convince my wife to travel light enough for the metro. We will spend 10 days in Paris and I would like to have room to bring some stuff back but I don't know if that will happen

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 05:21 PM
Statia

Jim:<BR><BR>Yes, the metro system in Paris is very easy. My husband and I also went for 10 days and each packed in a rolling carry-on, plus we had a packed duffel bag for extras to bring home. Now, if you'd told me 10 years ago that I could do that, I would have said you're nuts. But, we packed light, did laundry once while there, and really enjoyed not having to lug so much stuff with us to Paris.<BR><BR>Maybe you can talk your wife into giving it a try. After doing it once, I travel no other way now.<BR><BR>At any rate, enjoy your trip!<BR><BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:14 AM
Mike

Jim<BR>Just got back from Paris last night.<BR>In the airport Taxi drivers were coming up to us, I asked the cost to the hotel $55.00 to $70.00<BR>Go out door marked 22 and there is a taxi stand. Cost $35.00 to Latin Quarter.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 03:30 AM
Gretchen

Heed what Mike says--DO NOT take a taxi anywhere except from the stand and marked Taxi Parisien. They are regulated--the others are not and will overcharge. That is probably what happened with the 400FF charge above.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:10 AM
Jim Kalinowski

Again, thank you so much. Specific advice - its the kind us guys like to follow. Merci beaucoup!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:31 AM
Jane

Jim,<BR><BR>You might also consider taking a shuttle. We used PariShuttle on a recent trip and were very pleased (this is the company that Mark Harris now works for). We paid just 30 Euros for the two of us to go from CDG to the Latin Quarter. The only caveat: Your driver may have to drop off other passengers first, so it might take a few extra minutes to reach your hotel. But in our experience, at least, it added very little time to the trip.<BR><BR>For info: www.parishuttle.com.