Notices

Paris from CDG

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Diane

Paris from CDG

My husband and I are going to Paris very soon for 10 days and are wondering what is most convenient, a taxi or shuttle for CDG to 11th arrondisement. If a shuttle, which one? Thanks for your time and help.

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:41 AM
DH

Diane do the text search on this forum, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

Old May 14th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Gretchen

I don't know if I know how to search on this site so I will answer--take a taxi marked Taxi Parisien. It will cost about $40USD.

Old May 14th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Patrick

If you had asked which was a better bargain or which was less expensive, there could be some debate. But since you only asked which is most convenient, there is absolutely no question -- a taxi!

Old May 14th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Statia

If you happen to be looking for cost effectiveness rather than convenience, I'd suggest the RER line from CDG into the city. This is a good choice only if you don't have a lot of luggage, though.

My husband and I did this our first trip with each a small rolling suitcase and backpack, and we had no problem. It was very easy.

Have fun. Paris is fabulous!

Old May 14th, 2002, 02:05 PM
elvira

A taxi to the 11eme takes about 20mins in **non-rush hour** traffic, and is between $USD25-40. I've never used the shuttle in Paris. The RER is cheaper, but you'll have to change to a metro line (or two) from Gare du Nord or Chatelet<-don't do that; Chatelet is a nightmare, and if you're tired and unfamiliar with its layout, you'll end up crying; I've been in that station dozens of times and it still makes me want to cry).

For two people? Go with the taxi.