Search

Strasbourg Recomendations for hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strasbourg Recomendations for hotels

Hi,

We are considering breaking up our train ride from Stuttgart to Paris by staying for one night in Strasbourg.

I know very little about the town other than what I have seen in a few photos, but it looks beautiful.

Can anyone recommend a hotel that is in one of the more picturesque areas of the town?

Somewhere one the water would be great!

So what is this town like anyway? It's been a last minute addition so I have not had time to research it in the usual way !

thanks Tony
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 05:07 AM

It's not a town, it's a city with a population of over half a million and is one city where the European Parliament meets a lot of the time, and is the base for the Council of Europe and the European Court of Human Rights, as well as other business activity and an important university. It's Alsacien culture, of course, and one of the most important cities in that area and bordering with Germany. Lots of German influence. Important cathedral and palace which housed French royalty at times (Palais Rohan).

They have lots of info on their tourism website, which is good, I'm sure you can easily read a good description in a guidebook or online.

I liked the Hotel de l'Europe in the Petite France area which is a pedestrian old quarter and also very near the canals.
http://www.hotel-europe.com/
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 07:52 AM

www.hotel-rohan.com

The Hotel Cardinal de Rohan is just steps away from the beautiful gothic cathedral with its astronomical clock. Great location and nice little hotel.
You will probably see other recos for this hotel on here.
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 08:06 AM

Or if convenience and budget are criteria consider the ETAP Hotel smack opposite the train station entrance. The station is right in the heart of this really really gorgeous (and much overlooked IMO) city.

Cheap hotel Etap Hotel - Book hotel at a reasonable price
Book an Etap Hotel hotel : hotels at reduced prices in France, Germany and all over Europe, for your leisure and business trips. Find a cheap hotel for your ...
www.etaphotel.com/
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Great, many thanks for the replies above. Will have a look at those hotels.