Still nothing to do at FCO?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been a while since I've had a layover at FCO, but I recall there being little other than shops and dining establishments in the airport. We will have come from California and will be exhausted. Not flying business so no lounge access for showering, though showering would be ideal. What I would love is a spa of some type, even XPress Spa-caliber would be okay, to get a massage or some other kind of relaxing treatment. Does anyone know of anything in the airport or very nearby? Our layover is only four hours, so we don't want to venture too far.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 11:07 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
You might try the Hilton that is connected to the airport.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you're in luck -- the "be relax" chain, which I've been seeing all over European airports, is at Fiumicino now as well.

http://www.berelax.com/En/airports/rome-fiumicino-a-11

I've never actually tried the chain, though I've thought about it. I usually get a manicure/pedicure before a trip, so I don't need one at the airport. But even a foot massage might be a nice way to pass the time.

I think it was the outlet in Frankfurt that had showers and a locker room to freshen up -- perhaps Rome will have similar.

Also, check the Fiumicino website for a list of shops and other services, maybe something there will trigger some ideas for you.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

kybourbon, thank you so much for the Hilton suggstion but unfortunately I can't justify the rate to myself for just a couple of hours of peace and cleanliness.

sacc, I hadn't heard of berelax but it sounds good. After a long flight like that, I will happily pay airport prices (in Euros, no less) for some pampering. Thanks for the tip!
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 08:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I thought you might ask the Hilton if they had any kind of day package for layovers. Many times hotels connected to airports do.
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.bunnysun.it/public/bunny/
This shop is in the Arrival hall of the terminal 1 of FCO.
The BeRelax has 3 different points inside the voyager's areas of the Terminal 3 and 1.
The day package of Hilton is really expensive, and personally I estimate the Hilton Airport in Rome really expensive compared to quality of service
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the additional information, romelimo. Even just a chair massage will feel great after a long flight in coach.