Hotel in Rome Near Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Can you suggest a good, reasonable, hotel in Rome near the airport? It is just for one night. Also, what do people do with extra luggage when you are coming off of a cruise and don't want to carry around all that extra stuff for a week in Italy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy travels!
Carole
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 08:07 PM

The hilton is attached to the airport. Very nice hotel. I went on business rate was not that bad, company paid.
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 08:24 PM

Hi Carole,

There is also a Hilton Garden Inn considered to be at the Fiumicino airport. The main Hilton is apparently actually attached to the main terminal, therefore most convenient - but also expensive. The Hilton Garden is located in the airport platform and offers a free shuttle. I'm planning to stay there in August and they assued me (by email) that the shuttle can be requested at all hours. A basic room was 110 euro (with advance payment).

Good luck!
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 03:47 AM

bookmarking
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 08:27 AM
nma

We stayed at the airport Hilton for our last night in Italy before an early morning flight. It was our most expensive room of the trip (around 150Euros). It was just a hotel (very American). Very disappointing after all the cute places we stayed around Italy.
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Hi, Thank you for your replies. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel for one night as we will only be there for sleeping. Now I am not sure if we should be near the airport of take a hotel near Trevi Fountain/Spanish Steps. Any suggestions? Are there B&Bs in Rome? We leave two weeks from tomorrow. Have never planned a trip this close. THANKS!