Spur of the Moment trip to Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm contemplating going to Rome tomorrow and wonder if I'll be able to find a hotel room. Is there a Tourist office like many places in Europe where I could look? I haven't much info on Rome nor time to get it. HELP - PLEASE. (Budget for one - around l25 euros or less).

Thanks all you Italy and Rome experts out there!!
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:00 PM

You should be able to find something for tomorrow. Check out romeby.com.

I envy you...
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 07:27 PM

Also try venere.com.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:11 PM

Or, you can do as you stated, wait until you get to the Airport (Ciampino? Fiumicino?) and there is a tourist desk in both airports, where they can assist you in getting a room-as well as at Termini Station-they do a booming business in finding rooms for travelers.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:22 PM

try ratestogo..you should find something which will suit.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:41 PM

I would try Hotel Nerva (next to the Forum , very near the Coliseum). It was recommended in the Rick Steve's Rome book. My son and I just stayed there two weeks ago and had a delightful two nights there. It is a bed and breakfast with Maria making wonderful cappucinos and an expanded continental breakfast. We also bought a Roma pass at the TI in the airport (terminal 3) and with it were able to ride the Metro anytime we wanted and go to two sights for free. We actually got an Archaeology pass too and were glad we did as we skipped past the very long line at the Colliseum and entered right in with our pass. The Rick Steve's book has invaluable self guided tours through many sights. We paid 100 euros for each night, booked on their website. Tiniest shower I had ever seen but the room was exceptionally quiet for being right in the city. Very nice too.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank all you wonderful travel experts!
I was hoping for a tourist office for a Plan B if I didn't lock something down tonite.

I think I might actually pull this off! My newest hurdle is the credit union is closed and I don't use an ATM card for that account(where the REAL money is) since I keep an acct with an ATM card for travel ONLY. And since I didn't know I was going to travel, well, it's pretty empty.

I'll let you know how this works out.

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

I promised to report back re this trip.
Well, despite all the wonderful info I received here (I had at least 3 viable lodging options - NOT Hotel Nerva, however) I didn't make it. I even worked out the money bit (use your CC -duh!) but in the end it being a holiday in USA stopped me. My person dogsitter was out of town and the vet was closed (I really didn't understand that since they are 7 days a week).

However, I have the basics I need to plan for a future trip AND I might have longer to stay then.

Thank you all for sharing.....Now if one of you would only live in my town......and love dogs......