Accomodation Rome in May.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying in Benevento (inland from Naples) for about 10 days in early May and are planning a few days in Rome but we don't want to decide the days until we get there as we are visiting our daughter and want to be flexible.
Will we have trouble getting a reasonable room at a reasonable price last minute? We are budgeting about 100-150 euro a night in big cities.

Thankyou for the help.
Rosie
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 12:31 PM

Many of the smaller and more affordable hotels in Rome are already booked solid for May.

The Rome Tourist Office, unlike those in other cities, will <b>not</b> help you find a room. So if you're daughter has a computer, book something on line before you leave for Rome. You can try using www.venere.com or www.eurocheapo.com.
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 12:48 PM

Oops: Make that &quot;your daughter&quot;...
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Thankyou Eloise....those sites look helpful and I guess we will get a room at a price
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 05:59 PM

A site I've found very helpful has been www.lastminute.com. It lets you sort by price, area of town, etc.

Buon Viaggio,
BC
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 10:05 PM
adamriemer

Iwas in Rome this past may. Myself and a friend I had met in Paris got to Rome at 11pm. Right across the street from Termini station are tons of 2 star hotels. We stayed there for under 100euros a night( we haggeled too, love to haggle). If you want to wing it, you will be fine, tons of places around termini, and dont listen to peoples warnings about termni area being bad, I felt very safe, and barely stayed in my room, Room was very nice

Old Dec 8th, 2006, 10:09 PM
adamriemer

Found name, its called Hotel Luciani. What we found out about many hotels, including this was, after we went t front desk, they tool us outside building, to a building next door which they owned also. Was extemely safe and clean.

100euro/night in May and free breakfast and internet/computer available
tel +36-06490659
www.hotelluciani.it
via milazzo,8

Old Dec 9th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone....i feel much better now. Having not travelled much before it's hard to get the whole itinery thing out of my head. We are going to be away for three and a half months so we don't want to be booked into every place. We want to stay where we like at times and take time to &quot;smell the roses&quot;.
Thanks again
Rosie
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 04:22 AM

Try the Adriano, I just stayed there and really liked it. Its basic and clean with a little style. The location near Piazza navona is also KILLER!

http://www.hoteladriano.com/