Reload this Page >

Spain lodging: Granada-Alhambra

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Tom

Hello,<BR><BR>I am looking for some help with hotels in Granada. All of the hotels recommended to me by friends -- the Parador, the Hotel America and the Alhambra Palace -- are fully booked for during May/June when I want to go. Can you provide any other suggestions for lodging that you liked in Granada and why you liked it? I am looking to stay in the $100 (+/- $25) price range. Thank you.<BR>

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Jade

A quick bit of advice- whatever you do, don't stay at the Washington Irvine hotel, next to the Alhambra Palace hotel. It was depressing, dirty and run-down!<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Jade

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 06:12 PM
patg

Stayed at the Aparthotel Mariola last time I was there, in a 1 bedroom suite with kitchen. Nicely furnished, clean, roomy and comfortable. Not as convenient to the Alhambra as the hotels you mentioned.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 06:31 AM
nikkit

Try the palacio santa innes - lovely small hotel - you can read our in depth review on www.i-escape.com

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Henry

We stayed at Hotel Guadalupe at the Alhambra entrance in January and it was very nice and reasonably priced (at that time).

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Vera

If you're willing to walk up a few flights of stairs and don't mind conglomeration decor, I can tell you about a place where we had a living room, bedroom and private bath and a view of the Alhambra for sixty euros a night. The Hostal Landozuri is on the street leading up to the Alhambra, near the Plaza Nueva. Although it sounds glamorous to be right beside the Alhambra, once you've seen it, if you're walking around town it is an advantage not to be on top of the hill.<BR>Vera <BR>