Granada, Spain Hotel

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Ann

Granada, Spain Hotel

Does anyone have a favorite hotel in Granada? I've been looking at the Palacio de Santa Ines. The Parador is a bit too pricey. Any suggestions much appreciated!

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Maribel

Ann,
I'd like to try the new AC Palacio de Santa Ines, even with its downtown location, because I'm a great fan of the AC's Grand Class hotels, and this one looks beautiful. My current favorite is the Alhambra Palace, up on the Alhambra hill for the views, the service, the comfort, but not on New Year's Eve! (read current thread on the price of the obligatory New Year's Eve dinner).

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Deb

Ann, I liked the Reina Christina, very affordable, lovely lobby, decent rooms. If you are looking for a nice comfortable place in the center of things I would highly recommend it.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Graziella

Hola Maribel,

Are refering to Palacio Santa Ines that belongs to the group Hoteles con Encanto, that only has six double rooms? or to a different hotel.
Sounds great I heading that way next time. Gracias mil. Graciela

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Graziella

I mean, Are you refering....

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Maribel

Hola Graciela,
Sorry! Oops, I misspoke/wrote. I was referrring to the new AC Palacio de Santa PAULA downtown on the Gran Via, not to the Palacio de Santa Ines in the Albaicin!
We tried the sister hotel to the Palacio de Santa Ines in the Albaicin, the Carmen de Santa Ines, and we were very disappointed. I really, truly don´t think the Albaicin hotels are ¨ready for prime time¨ yet. The access is so very, very difficult, and the neighborhood quite scruffy. (I wrote a long post about it once upon a time, don't know if you can access it with a text search). We left after 1 night (long story) and switched to the Alhambra Palace and heaved a sigh of relief (and I am always very game for new experiences, but not the Albaicin quite yet).

Sorry about the confusion. You can see the AC Palacio de Santa Paula here
www.ac-hoteles.com/granada.htm

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Ann

I was referring to the Palacio de Santa Ines in the Albacin district. I am deciding between the Palacio and the Hotel America. Any opinions?