Hotels in Cordoba, Spain

Jun 14th, 2002, 08:04 AM
AA

Hotels in Cordoba, Spain

Any recommendations for a nice place to stay in Cordoba, Spain? Maribel???
Thank you!
AA

Jun 14th, 2002, 08:21 AM
lisa

Well, don't stay where we stayed - the Mellia (sp?) Cordoba. It's a chain of a business-oriented hotel. Just outside the Jewish quarter. Lots of tour buses. Nothing to recommend it.

We did see a nice hotel inside the Jewish Quarter called the Amistad. HTH!

Jun 14th, 2002, 09:21 AM
gail

I've stayed twice at the Hotel Albucasis on Buen Pastore in the heart of the Juderia. Easy walk to the Mezquita. Very quiet street, sweet little patio that the rooms look out onto. Not fancy but clean, nice tiled bathrooms. Very reasonable rates (maybe $85 night last March). I found it in Karen Brown's guide. I'd stay there again.

Jun 14th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Graziella

Hi AA, as Gail I have stayed in the Albucassis, I agree with her, the best of this hotel in my opinion is its garage in situ, but it is very difficult to find and on the hotel for Spain overpriced, I wouldn't go back.
Years ago I stayed in the Hotel Maimonides right across from the fantastic Mezquita, I would go back there. Also I noticed that there is a very nice four stars hotel also accross from the MEzquita called El Conquistador, that looked very nice.
The NH Amistad also in the Juderia seems a good choice.Buena Suerte

Jun 14th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Graziella

" sorry, I made a misstake , I meant the Abucassis in on the other hand overpriced ( for Spain), I think it is overpriced because a lot a British tourist go there....Don't you agree Gail?

Jun 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Julie

We stayed at El Conquistador in Cordoba. Near the mosque. Perfectly fine. Nothing I can recall to rave about but nothing I can recall to complain about. Just fine.

Jun 14th, 2002, 12:22 PM
AA

Thank you for all the advice.
Any more people with hotel experience in Cordoba?
AA

Jun 18th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Maribel

AA ,
We sent friends on a budget to the Albucasis. They said it was fine but yes, hard to find it by car. I stayed at the Maimonides years ago but wouldn´t choose it again. I´d stay at the NH Amistad on Plaza Maimonides, best in town and belongs to a really dependable, up to date Spanish chain. It´s one of their Seleccion de Oro properties.