Southampton to London transfers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2003, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dose anyone know if I need to buy train tickets ahead of trip to take train from Southampton to London? Traveling on a Monday in June.<BR>Also, how far from the dock is the train station. Arriving on Royal Princess.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Jerry
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 07:04 PM

No you can buy the tickets when you arrive at the station. You will need to get a taxi from the pier to the station. It's maybe a 5-8 minute ride. You can go to www.thetrainline.com to find the schedules and pricing. (I always take a printout of a few departure times to give me an idea once I'm off the ship.)Southampton to London Waterloo. You caneither pay cash or use your credit card to pay the train fare. <BR>I am a Princess fan and have been on the Royal twice including an arrival at Southampton. The Royal is a nice ship.
Old May 26th, 2003, 02:34 PM
lyn

Will we have a problem bringing and storing luggage on the train? We are going the opposite direction - leaving London - on Saturday, August 3. Thanks!
Old May 26th, 2003, 08:27 PM

Of course you will have room on the train for luggage. But you will have to carry it on to the car yourself and either place it in the overhead rack or in the space at the end of each car. So hopefully you won't be toting too much luggage.
Old May 27th, 2003, 10:28 PM

are you on june 04 cruise from southampton? if so, we are also and will be taking the train to london on the arrival date june 16th.. would you like to share any guides / tours while on the cruise or taxi on 6/16 from ship to train?
Old May 28th, 2003, 01:33 AM

In the daytime, trains from Southampton to London Waterloo are every 15 mins and take about 1 hour and 10 mins. They will be busy from Southampton early in the morning, and from London in the early evening, but otherwise you can buy a ticket and there will be plenty of seats on the next train.
Old May 28th, 2003, 05:34 AM

I should add that there are two entrances to Southampton Central station. Trains to London normally go from platform 1 on the north side of the station, so you should tell the taxi driver you want that side; if you use the other entrance, you'll have to use the footbridge to get to the right platform (there are lifts as well as stairs, but it will be easier to use the other entrance). There is a ticket office on both sides of the station.