small hotel in Dijon

Search

small hotel in Dijon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
small hotel in Dijon

We have tried the major Hotels in Dijon, arriving Sept. 17th for five nights.
There must be an event as they are all booked.
Does anyone know a small hotel that is in the pedestrian area (It is our preference to walk out into the "hub)", that might be abvailable.
Must be clean and comfortable.
Price doesn't matter, but location does.
Thanks
in advance.
Bev
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:02 PM

In times past there was a Fodor contributor named Coco from dijon. She has a very nice B&B in Dijon, judging by the photos and description. I haven't stayed there but other Fodorites have and have reported favorably. One of them should latch on to this thread in a day or two and give you a link. I think her website is myhomeindijon, or something like that.
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 12:32 AM

In times past? no, no I still check postings as you can see (click on my screen name to read to read my last posting yesterday)
Anyway thanks for mentioning my home, which is not exactly a B&B even if I provide food for breakfast and more, but an independant apartment.
"Grandmere" already mentioned it in another erly's posting so he/she might know it is already booked from the 11th (by travelers)
Erly I'm not that surprised that hotels are booked since there are many seminaries in September when people are back to work.
My colleagues might have some availabilities left. Most of them are also very centrally located and you'll find them all (with hotels and B&B) on www.cotedor-tourisme.com
You may email me if you need some help.
Bienvenue à Dijon!
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 05:08 AM

I stayed at a hotel that I really liked which was right at the Arc at the one end of the pedestrian area (just after the park). It was super convenient for walking, and it wasn't even too far from the train station, I walked it for day trips. Upon arrival, I took the bus which drops off right in front.

It isn't a small hotel, though, but I really liked it. It was the Quality Hotel du Nord. Now the outside and lower areas were the original building, but all the rooms were renovated to be totally modern, so if you want that old charm so many people look for, the rooms do not have it. The people there were really nice and it has a nice restaurant on the bottom floor, which I ate in one night when it was raining. Very good. it's also across from the movie theater, which I liked (although they only show French films).

Go to www.choicehotels.fr. They have vacancies on your date, I just checked. 115 euro for a double.

I was thinking large hotels might be more likely to have a vacancy than a smaller hotel. I would have thought the Hotel du Nord was one of the major hotels in Dijon, did you already try it? Their website says they have at least five rooms free beginning that date.
Old Sep 20th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Original Poster

Although I found a
Hotel,
Frantour Hotel des Ducs
on another site, it is a true gem.
80 E per night including Breakfast.
The best location (in my opinion) in the old town.
We were quite nervous before we arrived because it was so reasonable.
Extremely spacious room and Bath.
Spotlessly clean, and better service than many 4* Hotels.
You are never disturbed.
Room is cleaned when you return your key to the Front Desk.
Great staff.
We missed Breakfast one Morning, and were chased by a staff member as we were leaving asking if we would like him to make us some coffee.
Can't beat that!
Highly recommend it.