Small, cozy Venice hotel/inn?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking to do a short stay in Venice post cruise in May. Anyone have a suggestion for a small, romantic, moderately priced place? I picture it on a canal, with a patio/garden. Any thoughts would be most welcome.
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 02:26 PM
rex

Search here for Maravege. I think you will find it meets your criteria.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 04:02 PM

I second the recommendation for the Maravege which is more commonly known as the Pensionne Accademia villa Maravege. Do a search and you'll find rave reviews. We stayed in a front room with canal view off the second floor parlor for around $160 I can e-mail photos if you like. A lovely room, decent sized especially for European hotels, nice marble bathroom with deep soaking tub. Very nice gardens, front and back of hotel. Pretty breakfast room with large breakfast, eggs, yogurt, fruit, breads, very good cappacino. Tiny bar for drinks or espresso in the evenings. Friendly helpful staff. Good location, away from the San Marco crowds but close enough to walk everywhere. Their website is www.pensioneaccademia.it . Also you can see lots of photos on www.italyby.com. Wish I were going back soon, ciao!
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much to you both for the advice- have my reservation and it looks wonderful. Grazie!
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 06:13 AM

Hi<BR>If you like, rent the old Katharine Hepburn movie &quot;Summertime.&quot; Venice still looks essentially the same, and the exteriors of her character's hotel and terrrace<BR>are the Acccademia/Maravege where you will be staying.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 12:54 PM

Also do a search for Hotel San Cassiano. We had a room with windows overlooking the canal and the hotel has an outside patio for breakfast and one off the bar. Very nice and not too expensive.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 02:04 PM

Also try La Calcina. Very reasonably priced, right on the Giudecca Canal and they have a nice patio/deck in front of the hotel to eat breakfast or have drinks during the day. It may be too late to get a room with a view of the canal but then again may not be too crowded.