Siena Italy hotels

Search

Siena Italy hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Siena Italy hotels

I will be in Siena for 2 weeks in late September. A friend is meeting me there for one week and I've booked us into the Athena Hotel. However, the week prior to my friend's arrival I will be going to the language school and arrive a few days before school starts. I need a less expensive and less up-scale place to stay for 3 nights but have no clue where to begin. A B&B would be fine. Any help with this is welcomed. I've checked out quite a few hotels for the period my friend and I will be together (9/25 - 10/1) and all the inviting ones have no more availability. I think I made my reservation at the Athena just in time (last week) as that hotel too, now has no rooms available. I'm a bit nervous that I'll end up in a dump or on the street those 3 days before my class begins. After classes begin I will be staying with a "host" family arranged through the school. The school has sent me a listing of B&Bs but I can't find out anything about them and the one I've emailed has not responded.
Again - ideas are welcomed...
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 06:52 PM

Have you tried trip advisor??
B&B link - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1...ny-Hotels.html
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Original Poster

I feel silly that I didn't take a look at other's posts before asking my Siena hotel question as there seem to be a number of very good suggestions. My only other question is whether any of the hotels mentioned have WiFi. I will be away from my family for 3 weeks and would like to be able to keep in touch - I'll have my computer with me.
thanks,
Janet
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 07:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Hotel Alma Domus is budget and has computers to check e-mail. I'm not sure if they have wifi available though. It's a few minutes walk from the Duomo. Very basic convent/hotel with late curfew (1am I think).
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 09:41 PM

Have you looked at Cannon D'Oro? I was looking for a moderate place around that time with a very good location and selected that one (around same time).
Old Aug 1st, 2010, 07:49 PM
Original Poster

Well the school recommended the hotel Chiusarelli so I as I'm having trouble finding vacancies in mid September and they have room for me I booked it. However, mixed in with good review there are some terrible reviews re. noise, no elevator, coffee from machines (!) - I make myself espresso every day ...etc.
Have any of you Fodorites stayed at this hotel? Maybe a few more suggestions re. other small Siena hotesls..relatively close to bus station as I will be alone and with luggage - two pieces: I am a photographer and have a relatively weighty carry-on with my cameras, lenses, etc. as well as a larger..not large, suitcase with clothing etc. I'll be coming from Rome on the bus.
Thanks...
Old Aug 1st, 2010, 08:42 PM

Cannon D'Oro is right near bus station so that's why I selected it; however, I am now thinking of staying on Bologna that night instead, and have never stayed there, so good luck and I hope someone else has some ideas for you.