Search

sicily

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sicily

My wife and I will be arriving at Catania airport at 16.45 in mid September. Can anyone advise the best way to get to get from the airport to Milazzo by public transport at that time of the day (midweek)
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
rex

Bringing your question back up "to the top" lest you never find it... and since it is your first time ever here - - how do I know that? Click on your own name - - a valuable tip that Fodors fails to tell you when they send you that initial e-mail confirming your registration.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old May 24th, 2005, 03:09 AM

Your best hope for a reliable answer is if GAC, THE public transportation guru for Italy, sees your question.

I would suggest you rephrase it; perhaps "Catania Airport to Milazzo by Public Transport" and post it again.

You can keep bringing it "to the top" by adding a short message until GAC sees it.
Old May 24th, 2005, 03:14 AM
cmt

GAC is away until July. What I'd do is: Look up your route on the Trenitalia site. Then search for posts by GAC with the word Milazzo, and see whether he may have commented on the BEST of these options that you'll find on Trenitalia. (You'll probably find that the trip is easily doable by train, but maybe some options involve going part of the way by bus or getting around Messina some different way.)
Old May 24th, 2005, 03:15 AM
cmt

GAC announced very recently that he'll be away in Italy until July.

In his absence, what I'd do is: Look up your route on the Trenitalia site. Then after you have your list of options, search for posts by GAC with the word Milazzo, and see whether he may have commented on the BEST of these options that you'll find on Trenitalia. (You'll probably find that the trip is easily doable by train, but maybe some options involve going part of the way by bus or getting around Messina some different way.)
Old May 24th, 2005, 03:19 AM

Cmt: I didn't mean to give Mpjtravels a bum steer -- I've been away from the board for three weeks and missed GAC's message that he will be away until July.
Old May 24th, 2005, 03:44 AM
cmt

I know. I'd have given her the same suggestion if I hadn't noticed his post about his extended absence. He's really THE expert about public transportation in Sicily.
Old May 24th, 2005, 04:44 AM

Mpj - Your best bet will be train from Catania Centrale via Messina.

There is a departure at 18.27 (arr. Milazzo 21.17)

For details see:
www.trenitalia.com

[There is a once daily seasonal bus from Catania airport to Milazzo (Giuntabus)
- but unfortunately this leaves at 16.00 ]
http://www.giuntabus.com

Steve