Seeing Ireland

Oct 18th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Seeing Ireland

How many days do you recommend to adequately see and enjoy Ireland and Northern Ireland?
Oct 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM

A couple of months
Oct 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM

We spent 9 days in Ireland(south and west only) in 2011 and needed much more time. For us, we don't like to travel more than 2 weeks at a time, so 9 days was plenty. We plan on going back again and seeing some of the things we missed before. There are lots of factors involved for your decision, time of year, interests, money, etc. Give the forum more information on what your plans are.
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:00 AM

we spent 2 1/2 weeks and saw a small portion of south and west Ireland. I need to go back in order to see the north. You can spend as much or as little time as you like and not run out of things to see and do.
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:01 AM

I have been there four times and still have things I want to see. You can't do it all.I have yet to see Northern Ireland. Next trip.I think one of my downfalls is taking people with me that always want to see the same stuff. First time at least get 10 days in,
Oct 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM

We spent 34 days in Ireland and Northern Ireland--we loved our trip, but a few more days would have been even better.
Oct 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM

I sometimes think if I lived there I wouldn't get to see everything I would like. Of course, that isn't going to happen so I go when I can for as long as I can and try to see and do some new things each time.
Oct 18th, 2013, 03:22 PM

>>How many days do you recommend to adequately see and enjoy Ireland and Northern Ireland?<<

Unless you have months at your disposal, that is the wrong way to go about it. There are hundreds of things to see/do. How much time do you think you'll have? What sorts of things interest you?

If you have say - 2 weeks - then work out what small part of the country you want to visit.
Oct 19th, 2013, 05:22 PM

We are hoping to make our tenth trip to Ireland next spring. There are still many places we have not been to, spent enough time in, or would just like to see again.

You really can't do an adequate job of it in a couple of weeks. Pinpoint your must-sees and work from there.
Oct 20th, 2013, 03:30 AM

As a road trip around 70% of the island of Ireland coastal areas you need a minimum 14 days.
Oct 23rd, 2013, 02:30 PM

I have been traveling to Ireland at least every 2 years for almost 20 years, and there is still lots I have not seen. Don't let than discourage you, pick a loop trip, and see what you can, everywhere you go will be grand!
Oct 24th, 2013, 06:16 AM

We spent 15 days in Dublin, Killarney, Dingle, Doolin, Castletownsend, and Galway, and that certainly wasn't enough time to see everything. My advice is not to try to cram in so much, that you don't have time to really experience Ireland. There is a tendency to want to see everything, and as a result, people only get a glance, and there is no time for spontaneity. I agree with the advice of focusing on the things you most want to see and do, and then just plan to go back again, as we are doing next year!

Search this Thread