scavi reservation info question

Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scavi reservation info question

Hello! so I emailed my reservation request to [email protected] this evening, being hyper-careful to include f people, our names,
language for tour, a four day window for tour, request for morning, but stated we would accept any available time, and our hotel name/phone in rome. Our request is for mid may (5/17 thru 5/20) what should I expect now??
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Original Poster

don't know where that smiley came from, it meant number of people (2)
in our group. guess I should preview my messages more carefully, sorry.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Original Poster

update--I just received the "auto response" to my request, only took about 2 hours..now I guess I wait for a "real reservation" My greatest concern, based on previous posts, is that it seems a lot of the final communication is done via fax, credit card info, etc., which is not a big deal, if only I could count on others at my company not to "toss" faxes they do not understand as important! Is it possible to secure final c/c information by email?? please help me with this process
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 03:00 AM

Simply type in "scavi tour" in the search box and read the 100's of other people who asked the same question. BTW, why don't you simply take this issue up with your company? Have a Nice Trip !!! Mike P.S. I've taken the Scavi tour, and it's wonderful.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 05:11 AM

HI Daisy,

In January I made and received a scavi tour reservation for our date in March and made all arrangements, including sending the CC info, via email. I sent half the CC info in one email and half in a second, and got back right away the acknowledgement that our payment had been received.

It took 2-3 weeks for me to hear back--just when I was starting to give up hope I received the reply with our date and time. Be pateint!

Patti
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:03 AM

We got our reply one day out of the blue, months after we sent in the reservation. It said to "show up Tuesday at 1045am", essentially, of the week that we told them we'd be in Rome. I don't think there's any ability to negotiate the time slot you are awarded.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:16 AM

It seems that the Scavi Office often processes requests about two months before the requested date. I.e., all requests for March are processed in January, regardless of when they were first submitted. (This is just my observation, I don't pretend to have any authoritative info.)
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:20 AM

Hello daisy,

No worries. It can all be done by email.

And they do get to you. Just be patient. You've got lots of time before your trip. Give them time to sort out the thousands they must receive each week.

I found them very helpful even after I received my confirmation. I had several questions, which they answered very promptly.

Enjoy the rest of your trip planning.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:30 AM

I sent in my request, received immediate confirmation, and then the reservation itself two weeks later. I had given them an entire week to work with, and we're going at low season. All done by email.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

thanks for all your helpful replies, so now I will simply wait, knowing all is in progress.
ps-Patti-good idea about splitting up your c/c info in the emails, what did you do, did you reference an upcoming email for the rest of the info?
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 11:32 AM

HI Daisy,

When you get your reservation you get a reference number. I referenced our number in each email, mentioning that the payment info would be in two separate messages. There didn't seem to be any confusion--I got my payment confirmation back within the hour.

Enjoy Rome! I can't wait for our visit!

Patti