Search

Scansano, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Joe E.

Scansano, Italy

Am making a trip to Rome in a few months and want to visit a small town north-west, called Scansano. Has anyone been and how can I get there from Rome (bus,train)? Car not an option. Thanks

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:22 PM
megan

There's a town north east of Rome in Umbria called Scansano. search trenitalia for train info if going by car is truly not an option.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Lisa

Joe,<BR><BR>I have been to Scansano and it is one of my very favorite towns in Italy. It is in the Maremma foothills in western Tuscany. If that is the one you are talking about, then it's the right Scansano. <BR><BR>By car, it is a very long ride into Tuscany. I don't know what the train route would be, but we found it to be quite the trek by car. The good news is that is was really worth it! <BR><BR>The area is &quot;horsey country&quot; and with many farms. The Italian equestian team trains in this area (or at least they did when we were there years ago). <BR><BR>We stayed at a wonderful hotel called the &quot;Antico Casale di Scansano&quot;. Their website is:<BR>http://www.anticocasalediscansano.com/<BR>This is a very special and charming location. If you like remote with spectacular views and food, this is a great choice. They also have a cooking school----great fun! <BR><BR>This info. will only help if this is the right Scansano...I hope it is!<BR><BR>Lisa <BR><BR>There is a wonderful hotel there called the Gattapone.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Lisa

Whoops! Nix the info above about the Gattapone. That line was left over from something else and is not relevant! <BR><BR>Lisa

Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know of any names of vineyards I should visit in/near Scansano? I need to look up some visiting hours. Thank you!