Poppi, Tuscany Italy

Old Aug 24th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poppi, Tuscany Italy

Last time I posted, I was renting a villa in San Casciano. They since have cancelled our reservations. Now we are renting a villa in Poppi. Never heard of it. Has anyone out there ever been there. I would like to know about their public transportation system. Thank you
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 06:49 PM

I don't know if this will be much help, but I almost visited Poppi. It was in the book The Most Beautiful Villages in Tuscany, and I was interested in visiting. I also did a little research, but since the excursion didn't happen, I don't remember much.

I think there was a remote abbey or monastery nearby.

I do remember that Poppi was difficult to get to, and rather out of the way. I'm not sure I would accept this change, especially without a car.

Try some distance between Poppi and other places you were thinking of visiting. Put them in mappy.com and see what happens. Also, ask the people who moved you from San Casciano to Poppi about public transportation.

I guess I wish I knew a little more. It surprises that a company would switch you to such a relatively unknown spot without your input or consent.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Several years ago we rented a villa near Poppi in Stia. It is a lovely area. I don't know about public transporation because we had a car. I believe the nearest major train station was in Arrezo.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 09:18 PM

Well, I'm a great fan of Arezzo, but haven't been to stay with a car. Good train connections there, lovely churches and more, the Piero delle Francescas, and the monthly antiques market on the first Sunday and preceding Saturday of every month. It's the best.

Good food in Arezzo, too. On market weekend, there are wonderful porchetta sandwiches at a few places, and Arezzo has one of the best bakeries ever.

I don't know if that will help you much either, but hey, it bumps you to the top.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 09:19 PM

it is a truly lovely area...i doubt there is much public transportation....maybe an occasional bus....

try looking on the town's official web site if they have one...
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 10:00 PM

follow up on the last idea.
http://www.comune.poppi.ar.it/