Santorini - Imerovigli

Sep 4th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Original Poster

Santorini - Imerovigli

Hello all. Planning a trip to Santorini in late September with my wife and our six-month old son. Has anyone stayed in the village of Imerovigli? What are your thoughts?

Also we're considering the following hotels:
Aelos Villas
Sunny Villas
Anastasis Apartments
Galaxy Apartments
They all look very nice and around the same price range, so first hand experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sep 5th, 2003, 05:49 AM
donnabee

We stayed in Imerovigli at the Andromeda Villas. We found it to be a great location. If you walk along the cliff (stores, restaurants line the cliff), it will take you about 15 minutes to get to Fira. It's a beautiful walk, especially at night, and as you approach Fira, the view of the town is breathtaking. We took the bus (station is located in Fira) to the different beaches each day, and then we rented a car one day to go to Oia. One thing with the hotels, make sure they have AC, a lot of them don't. Also, be prepared to walk up about 200 steps every morning.

Sep 5th, 2003, 07:46 AM
brotherleelove2003

Imeriovigli is a good choice, not so busy or noisy. A/C isn't necessary in September.

Sep 22nd, 2003, 11:57 AM

We just got back Friday - we stayed in Imerovigli and I would def. stay there again. We stayed at Chromata - it was very nice. We walked to Fira almost every day...and there is a bus from Imerovigli to go to Oia (or Fira) that was very convenient from the hotel.

Have fun - Santorini was our favorite!
Sep 22nd, 2003, 12:10 PM

I stayed there a long time ago. My choice would be Firostephani, slightly closer to Fira. Imerovigli is very quiet and secluded -- probably a good value.