Search

Mykonos URGENT Hotel Help Please

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2003, 03:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mykonos URGENT Hotel Help Please

Hello,

My parents, who are in their mid 40s will be visiting Mykonos in about two weeks. They will be going to Greece for the first time, and thus Mykonos for the first time.

They will be going to celebrate their 15th Anniversary, thus are looking for a hotel which is upscale, yet convenient for them to explore the island and its tourist/hot spots.

Basically they want a luxurious hotel, and a hotel which has access to the main areas one would go an visit in Mykonos

I know there are a lot of similar posts on here, but since there are so many posts, it gets confusing.

So far I have listed two options, Kivotos Club Hotel and St. John, but have no idea about how good they really are and how accessible they are.

My parents will NOT have a car, thus mainly use public transport.

I look forward to help, PLEASE

Thanks
RJ
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 03:14 AM

What kind of price range are you talking about for "luxurious"? I like luxurious too, but I'm not willing to pay more than $200 a night for it--what's the limit for them?

Also, I would have a few more choices handy...with only 2 weeks left there may not be rooms available.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 04:46 AM

In two weeks, it is going to be October and I would expect that there will be few other tourists on Mykonos and plenty of rooms available.

The myokonos-accommodations site also has a page for Kivotos and other deluxe hotels in addtion to Saint John.
http://www.kivotosclubhotel.gr/
http://mykonos-accommodation.com/saint-john-hotel.htm
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Hello,

Any feedback on St. John or Kivotos?. I am also looking for more upscale accomodation suggestions in addition to these. One key criteria is ACCESIBILITY, since this is their first time in Mykonos, they want to be able to spend the day in the tourist spots, shopping, dining, and also have the luxury to come back to a great hotel

I am not sure of their price range but I guess lets say around $300/- or so a night would be tops, they are not looking for VVIP accomodation with private jets and penthouses

I hope you can help
Thanks
RJ
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 07:07 AM

My husband and I enjoyed the Princess of Mykonos, a few minutes from town. It is considered a category A hotel, whatever that means. It was very nice, beautifully furnished, large room, very friendly staff, excellent restaurant on the premses. They count George Bush, pere, and Jane Fonda among their past guests!
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Hate to bump this....but I really need to get as much information as I can before they leave this weekend (they will be going to UK first)

Please give me your thoughts on the great all rounded hotels in Mykonos

Thanks
RJ
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 12:41 PM

Kivotos is BY FAR the best hotel in Mykonos, if not the world. I stayed there on my honeymoon 5 years ago on a recommendation from a friend and it was amazing. The rooms are all beautiful with balconies overlooking the water, fluffy robes, private dining areas both inside and out and very romantic. The grounds and pool area are spectacular. The hotel looks like nothing from the street, but once you enter your in your own little world. It is a very short walk to town, 5 min at most, but cabs are available if they don't want to walk. The hotel has a very small strip of beach (not really worth mentioning), but 2 min. away is a real beach if they want that. From this beach leaves a daily boat to two private beaches, Paradise and Super Paradise (nudity is common on these two beaches) and also the boat to Delos which is a must do day trip. I'm not sure what the rates will be, but it is definately worth every penny. If you never left the hotel grounds it would be time well spent - that's how much I love Kivotos. Hope this helps!!
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 09:53 PM

I think you're in a panic for nothing because when I was there this time last year, there were few tourists around so plenty of accomodation choices. Some of the hotels close end of september, some october and others are open all year round. There is plenty of choice to fit your parents requirements.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Original Poster

Hello,

Thank You for your replies. I guess so far I will suggest

1) Kivotos Club Hotel
2) Princess of Mykonos
3) St. John

I still welcome all other suggestions

Thanks
RJ
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 10:39 PM

I cannot see why you would need any more suggestions when these fit your requirements, are you expecting a large city full of five star hotels, sorry wrong - your parents are going to find a wide range of accomodation and a wide range of tourists, hope they are not too put off by the backpackers who won't be heading to five star but the many delightful pensions which are obviously too downscale for your parents.
The Princess of Mykonos is the most convenient as grandmere has already pointed out to you.
Are you sure you really know much about this island, the fact that it is completely barren and that all food and water has to be brought in?
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:42 AM

I just got back from Mykonos - we stayed at Petasos Beach, which was very nice - also an A class hotel. It is a one minute walk to Plati Yialos, a very nice beach, has a beautiful pool overlooking the ocean, and the bus to town stops right in front of the hotel, every half hour and it is only .90 for a ride. I don't know their web site off the top of my head, but they do have one, so if you're interested, do a search.
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 11:24 AM

I also stayed at Petasos Beach. Where we did have a delightful stay and it was an excellent value, I think you will find more luxurious properties. Starwood has a hotel on the island -- you might want to check out their website too.