Salzburg Festival

Search

Salzburg Festival

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salzburg Festival

I apologize if this message appears twice--I had trouble posting it into the right forum!

Can anyone tell me how the Salzburg Festival works? We will be there the last two weeks of August 2007--and would like to get tickets. I found a website--but it looks like there really isn't any information out yet for next year. Is that possible--or maybe I'm just confused??

I'm trying to figure out how to get tickets. Apparently they're hard to get--so I'd like to try to get them way in advance.

Or would we be better off going to a concert at the Festung Hohensalzburg--I gather that there are concerts there nightly--and that it is a notable venue.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Since I'm not getting any answers, I'm afraid this question may be too obscure. Even if you don't know the answer, but have an idea of how I could better research it--please feel free to comment! Thanks!!
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 09:16 AM

Click on your own name to bring back all your recent postings and you will find my reply to your other identical posting.

You are too early, this month's festival schedule was posted last November and went on sale in January of this year. So wait until later this year and keep looking at the website.

The German name is Salzburger Festspiele, website is www.salzburgfestival.at

Tickets are very hard to get, it's an elite event with people coming from all over the world.
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

WallyKringen,
Thank you very much for answering. (I was having trouble when I posted that question the first time--sorry that I made you answer twice). I'm getting the impression that all of the tickets just get bought up right away. I guess we'd have to be very lucky to get any.

Do you have any ideas for an alternative?

Do you know anything about the nightly concerts at the Festung Hohensalzburg? Or maybe those concerts don't even happen during the Salzburg Festival?
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 01:05 PM

I looked at the website Wally mentioned, and for this year's Salzburg festival now in progress there are still tickets available for many of the performances, although others are sold out.

I think that by watching for the start of ticket sales, you should be able to get tickets for 2007 with no problem.