Reload this Page >

Mozart Concerts in Salzburg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 04:16 PM
Barbara

Which place has the best Mozart concerts for April and does anyone know where I can order tickets online? I haven't been able to find venues and programs for the dates I will be there. I already have tickets for the marionette theater. Hope it is as enjoyable as they say. Thanks

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:08 PM
CharlieB

Barbara- My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Mozart Dinner Concert at Stiftskeller/St. Peter. Excellent musicians and an excellent meal - well worth the 45E. Tickets can be purchased for this and other venues thru: "panoramatours.com/en/tickets" Enjoy!

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:48 PM
BillJ

Barbara, we too saw the performance at the Stiftskeller. The musicians are in period costumes, and some instrumental as well as opera is performed. The meal was fairly good, and the seating was at tables of 8. We had some good conversation between courses and arias.<BR>We were there in July, and upon checking in, I let the hotel get me tickets, but not to worry, the room was about half full.<BR>If you want more serious concerts, I'm sure there are other venues. This was quite good for us, though not quite up to the Konzert im Mozart in Vienna.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:51 PM
BillJ

Me again, I forgot, there is also a concert in the fortress at the top of the hill in this really facinating midevil room. I think I would do that one before the stiftskeller again. We toured the castle, and when we got to the room, we wished we had come up there. Didn't need to see them both, though.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 09:09 PM
lynlor

The Mozarteum is a beautiful theatre, especially the interior. We heard two concerts there last August at the Salzburg Music Festival. We heard Mozarts 38th and 39th symphomies,, as well as other music. The acoustics were wonderful. I highly recommend it. We also went to the Festpeilhaus which is a larger theatre.<BR><BR>We won a free trip and concert tickets, so don't know where the tickets were purchased. I will try to get some information tomorrow.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:58 AM
Jinx Hoover

We have really enjoyed chamber music in a room in the castle (around 7:00pm, as I recall). Your Hotel can arrange tickets. Makes for a delightful evening.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Jinx Hoover

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:09 AM
Caro

Your can order tickets with the Salzburg Ticket Center. However, it's in German. The list the most fantastic concerts. You should be able to manage.<BR>Click 'Karten bestellen' for the event you like to attend.<BR>www.salzburg.com/ticketcenter/index_tsm.html

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:13 AM
Caro

Now this might be easier, cause in English.<BR><BR>Polzer Ticket Center:<BR>www.polzer.at/english/

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:33 PM
Barbara

Thanks for the help. I will check out these sites. the concert at the fortress sounds very appealing. Thanks again.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 05:25 AM
John

Skiftskeller St Pt has better food--way better than the Hohensalzburg and the room in which the concert is held is much more comfortable seating. However, the view from the castle dining room is awesome-as is the climb through the castle to the performance room. <BR><BR>The musical performance we saw at the castle was more formal than SSP, and more &quot;entertainment&quot; at the SSP--though both were very enjoyable and may vary based on the performers. Also, at the SSP you sit at 8-person tables with people from around the globe, so that can be fun.<BR><BR>So, your choice (either is fun) may depend on whether view or food quality is more important. Either way, you will enjoy the experience.