Rue Cler on Sunday?

Search

Rue Cler on Sunday?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rue Cler on Sunday?

I understand that the shops on Rue Clear are normally open on Sunday mornings. Do any stay open in the afternoon? We arrive at our apartment on Ave.Breteuil on Sunday at around 1pm....I was hoping to stroll over to Rue Cler for some provisions.
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 12:47 PM

Most shops on rue Cler close around 1 PM on Sundays. Many are now closed also on Monday AM since there is now a 35 hour work week. There are a few small independent grocers who may stay open later in the day. They are scattered throughout the neighborhood.There are several brasseries and restaurants that are open all day on Sunday. You won't go hungry!
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 02:45 PM

Just in case you really get stuck for basic supplies, Monoprix now has convenience stores called PrixMonop and you can search for the locations on their website:
http://tinyurl.com/35x6fj

I could read enough French to figure out that they are open seven days a week, but not enough to find a link to store hours, if there is one.
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 08:34 PM

I think "Prix Monop" is the name of the magazine or sales flyer. The stores are either a Monoprix or a 'Daily' Monop. There are neither in the 7th. I skimmed the list quite a bit and found none open on a Sunday, not even on the Champs.

Don't forget to utilize the "proximitie" feature in PagesJaunes to locate various merchants near your apartment. It won't tell if open on Sunday, but might save you some walking around.
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 09:02 PM
tod

cruisinred - If you are coming off a flight and feel like stretching your legs stroll to the metro stop Ecole Militaire take the metro one stop and change to line 6 (direction Ch.de Gaulle-Etoile) and get off at Passy.
Walk up to Place de Costa Rica into Rue de Passy. You will then come a shopping centre at Place De Passy.
I cannot say if all the shops will be open.
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 11:46 PM

There are larger stores nearby - can't remember the name of the street but it is at the end of Rue Cler around the corner. I think you will find something - there are many places to buy yummies all over the area even if the smaller shops on Rue Cler are closed.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Prix Monop is just the name of their ad magazine. They have a couple Daily Monop's in the 14/15th, but they aren't open on Sunday (there is one on bd Montparnasse not far from the train station). They don't amount to much, anyway. There is one open Sunday in the 14th on ave Leclerc, but it closes at 1 pm, so isn't any better than rue Cler.

Sunday afternoon is really not the time to go grocery shopping in Paris. I always make sure not to arrive in Paris on Sunday if I'm staying in an apt. I would completely forget about going grocery shopping that day or any shopping for household things, and just be sure to bring a roll of toilet paper and some soap if the apt. won't have it. Then go shopping on Monday.

There are a lot of small food shops on rue St Charles, and some might be open on Sunday, I can't recall. They are just for food, though, and most likely would be open in the morning rather than afternoon. I know they close early some days.