Reload this Page >

Rooms you loved or hated at Konig Von Ungarn, Vienna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Lynn

We have decided on the Konig Von Ungarn for our Vienna visit. Can anyone one specify a room number that made them say "wow!" when they walked in? If you cannot remember the number, which area/floor of the hotel would be the most aesthetically pleasing or which to avoid. When I asked the Konig staff, they said I would have to visit 33 times to decide which one I liked the best, LOL!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 02:59 PM
trippybop

topping for Lynn, because I'd like to hear some info too!

Old Mar 14th, 2003, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok- I am trying again - Leaving in 4 weeks for Vienna - 4 nights at the KVU - anyone remember anything about the rooms
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 10:36 AM

Well, I just looked through my journals as I've stayed there twice, but neither time I listed my room number so I'm afraid I'm not much help. Both times I think our rooms were on the second floor (US would be third floor) and both times facing out to the street, very close to each other. The first time, while both the room and the bath were very large and beautifully furnished, the most amazing thing was the huge walk-in closet which probably could have accomodated another bed and guest if you wanted. The second time we thought at first we might have gotten the same room, although obviously it would have been totally refurnished as the first was done in more rustic, country pine style and the second was done in elegant, classic reproductions, but when we opened the closet, it was not nearly so large so we knew it was a different room. All the rooms I peeked into looked great.
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 08:08 PM

Thanks Patrick - appreciate your help! Streetside must not be too noisy then?
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 08:25 PM

Not a busy street, and I never heard a sound.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 11:59 AM

The KVU is my favorite hotel in vienna, so much that I never stay anywhere else. I have never noted a room number because all the rooms are very nice, with good furnishings and adequate space as well as nice bathrooms. I think I've been there 5 times now, so I suppose I still have 28 others to try. But from what I have experienced, they are all worth staying there. I have also been there with friends who had a nearby room, and I recall their room was also nice. I enjoy the rooms that circle the inner courtyard where you look through windows down onto the indoor patio and bar. Had many a cappucino and aperitif on that courtyard. KVU isn't cheap, but I think it's a decent buy for what you get in the way of accommodations, service, ambience, and location. If you want a specific room feature, though, like a large bath or a king size bed, you should be able to request that ahead of time. Have fun.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 08:08 PM

oohhhh, I had no idea there were rooms with a king size bed! Hubby will be pleased. I am really looking forward to staying at the KVU. Thank you both for your advice.