Reload this Page >

Single Rooms (Einzelzimmer) in Vienna Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:20 PM
lizbeth

Getting close to reserving rooms for mid-May trip to Austria. Can you give me an idea of what single rooms and their bathrooms are generally like in 3 and 4 star hotels in Vienna? I've stayed in Paris and am used to small but charming accommodations - are the Viennese equivalents comparable? I just really, really don't want to end up with the shower cabin right in the bedroom, as I've heard is the case in some lower-priced Austrian pensions.<BR><BR>Some of the hotels I'm considering in Vienna are: <BR><BR>Kaiserin Elisabeth<BR>Am Schubertring<BR>Altstadt<BR>Pension Arenberg<BR>Tigra<BR><BR>Any comments on these or other hotels in Vienna?<BR><BR>Thank you very much.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:26 PM
ttt

topping

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:29 PM
ttt

again

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Linda

I stayed at the Hotelpension Arenberg in December, 2000, and paid about $50 (with Best Western discount) for a nice room with balcony, bathtub as well as shower, and homemade muslei for breakfast. Of course, mid-May you are looking at higher--maybe $80-$100? Check nethotels.com for good information re room rates or bestwestern.com for Arenberg. It is very charming and not like BW in US. You walk in short hall, bathroom on left, to main room with armoire, queen-size bed, tv, bed tables & walk out to balcony. It is a 4*. You did get that posh Vienna feel and the walls had autographed pictures of conductors/actors/etc. to Frau Arenberg.<BR>I stayed in Hotel Drei Kronen in first part of trip. It's a 3* with smaller room but bathroom with shower was off to side & not cramped. It was about $50 as well but, again, that was off-season. It was near the University and visiting professors stay there. It has a very nice buffet breakfast.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:24 PM
BTilke

I stayed in the Kaiserin Elisabeth a few times. The single rooms are very comfortable but on the small side (for Vienna; by Paris 3-star, sometimes 4-star standards they're spacious). The decor is traditional but not fussy. Most singles come with single beds. The large white tiled bathrooms have tub and shower. The only downside to the rooms are the toiletries--the soap and shampoo are pretty harsh. I suggest you bring your own or pick up something locally.<BR>The breakfast is fairly typical: breads, eggs, meat, cheese, muesli, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, etc.<BR>If you reserve at the KE, ask for a room with a view of the roof of St. Stephen's cathedral. Very pretty at night. Make sure to request a room that is NOT right next to the maid's cupboards where they store all the towels, linens, especially if you're a light sleeper. A friend had one of those rooms in March and it was very noisy in the morning from the housekeeping staff banging about the cupboard.<BR>I liked the KE very much, but now stay at the ANA Grand Hotel. <BR>