Rome to Naples help

Old Mar 12th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome to Naples help

Hi - I will be going on July 15th to Naples via train with several friends and need a little logistical help. I fly into Rome at 12:30 and need to meet my friends at the station (they will allready have been in Rome for a couple days). Where is there a schedule of trains? Also, what is the best way to get quickly to the station? cab? How long should I allow before our train trip to get to the station? Also, how long is the train trip to Naples? I thought it was about 3 hours, but I have heard that it takes longer than that. We are actually going to Amalfi, but will have a driver pick us up in Naples.<BR><BR>Thanks!
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 07:44 AM
GAC

All your questions can be answered by accessing the following web site:<BR><BR>www.trenitalia.com<BR><BR>From Rome Fiumicino Airport, type &quot;Roma Aeroporto&quot; <BR><BR>For the Rome Centrale Station, type &quot;Roma Termini&quot;
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 09:58 AM

MelStout:<BR><BR>I'm meeting some friends at the Rome train station as well and someone on this board gave me some (what I hope) is great advice. There is a McDonalds in the Rome train station, we are meeting our friends there. The Rome train stations is pretty large and the McDonalds seems like a can't miss place to meet up with them.<BR><BR>Good Luck.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 10:50 AM

Mel,<BR><BR>I'm making the same trip in about 3 weeks. Here's what I understand: There is a &quot;shuttle&quot; type train from the airport to the train station that takes 1/2 hour and leaves every half hour. Then the trip to Naples depends on what train you take. We are taking the EuroStar which is 1 hour and 45 minutes from Rome to Naples. Our driver picks us up at the station and drives to Positano which is about an hour. So in total is is just over 3 hours. I found everything on that trenitalia.com site.<BR><BR>Hope that helps. Have a great trip.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 02:39 PM
sjk

There is indeed a McDonald's at Roma Termini, the main Rome train station, and there is a shuttle train that runs from Rome airport (FCO) to Termini. The Eurostart direct train to Naples runs every 2 hours per the schedule on TrenItalia's website.