Train from Rome to Naples - Help!

Jul 1st, 2003, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Train from Rome to Naples - Help!

Hi - I arrive on July 15th in Rome and need to get a train to Naples (final destination is the small town of Minori near Amalfi). I believe that there is a train that will take me directly to the Roma Termini train station. How long should I budget to get there? I am meeting some friends that will allready be in Rome
Jul 1st, 2003, 11:39 AM

trenitalia.it should answer all your questions.

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgr...ur_section=tra

"There are trains every hour between Rome and Naples. Intercity trains make the trip in less than two hours."
Jul 1st, 2003, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

I am sorry. I guess my question is more of how long should I budget go get to the train station in Rome from the airport. I arrive in Rome at 12:30 - can I make a 4:30 train? How crazy is the airport and customs? How long is the train to the train station in Rome?

I was recommended to by the ticket in advance, but am nervous to get a ticket for a train I might miss.

Thanks!
Jul 1st, 2003, 11:48 AM

You should be able to claim your baggage, go through customs and make it to Termini station in time to catch your train.

You can take the train from the airport to the station. Check out this site: http://www.travel.it/roma/romefiu.htm
Jul 1st, 2003, 11:51 AM

The train station at the airport is about a five minute walk from the baggage claim. The trains from the airport leave every hour and take about a half hour to get to Termini. Obviously, buy your train tickets at the airport train station also for Naples and for wherever else you will be going. You should have plenty of time to make a 4:30 train.
Jul 1st, 2003, 12:15 PM

The Leonardo Express Train to Termini runs twice an hour @ :07 & :37 past the hour. www.adr.it (airport website).
Regards, Walter
Jul 1st, 2003, 12:22 PM

Twice an hour? Good to know!
Jul 1st, 2003, 12:56 PM
ira

Hi

Train schedules are at www.trenitalia.com. For the airport shuttle enter "Roma aeroporto".
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:55 PM

If you are going to Minori, you should continue on the train to Salerno (about 2 1/2 hours from Rome Termini) then catch the bus from the train station to Amalfi. It stops at Minori on the way and is a VERY entertaining bus ride!
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:15 PM

I took the train from the airport to Termini for the first time this past April and found it a bit confusing at the airport. Maybe it was poor signage, or likely the fact that I'd been traveling for 28 hours, but I noted down that the train terminal to Termini is Terminal C and you have to walk across an overpass outside at the airport to get there.

Then I had to find the Hotel Kennedy, which is another story unto itself. But thanks to a clue posted by Walter prior to my leaving, I finally found it!
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:13 AM

The train ride from the airport to Termini takes about 40 minutes. I agree that you should train to Salerno rather than Naples as it is a much shorter drive to Minori from there.
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:22 AM

Here's a free tip. Have your friends meet you at the McDonalds INSIDE the train station. Finding someone at the Rome Central train station can be daunting. I emphasize inside, because there is also a McDonalds right outside the train station.

Search this Thread