Rome to florence

Old Jul 20th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome to florence

Hi, is it possible to buy train tickets to Florence at the American Express Office in Rome?
MS
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 05:52 PM
rex

Yes, you can. Near the Spanish Steps. There have been specific citations, here on this forum, of experience doing just that - - see the post from Myer on http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34441159

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Melissajoy

We bought train tickets for 5 people to ride the Eurostar from a travel agency in Rome. They were able to offer us some sort of discounted rate, and I was so delighted that I kept their business card, which I have lost. (I'm a big help.) I had printed out the prices from the Italian trenitalia web-site, and I had also printed out the time of the train I wanted. This one was sold out but I got a discount for the Eurostar for 2 hours later than the time I wanted.

We had checked into our hotel, which was near the Pantheon area. Hotel Nazionale a Montecitorio. for some reason, whenever we asked the hotel for directions, we still couldn't find anything!!! We ended up wandering about until we finally located a travel agency which had the trenitalia logo in the window. That's where we bought the tickets. (Within walking distance of the Pantheon.)

Take my word for it, you won't be able to find anything in Rome unless you get a good map that has a street and piazza index on it...We finally found out that the Streetwise Rome map was the best for locating places by using their street address.

Of course, you can always stop by the T.I. (tourist information.) However, we couldn't find that either!!!

Have fun.

Old Jul 21st, 2004, 04:43 AM
ira

Hi Maria,

Yes, you can.

You cn also buy them online from www.trenitalia.com.

See Trenitalia Tickets Online
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34465647
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:59 AM

Can you go directly from the Rome airport on the train to Florence? OR do you have to go into Rome?
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:35 AM

Years ago there was a direct train. Now you must go into Rome and change for Florence. There are frequent trains to Florence, almost hourly.